Quote of the Day

This entry was posted in North Korea, Quote and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    Go Anderson!

    One would think that the execution of Kim Jong Un’s uncle just days before Rodman arrived would have told him something. But if one would think, one would not be Dennis Rodman.

  • Lady Willpower

    This is why we need to start ignoring rich famous people. I give this statement from Dennis as much weight as Steven Spielberg’s claims that Fidel Castro has himself a real nice little country down there.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Fortunately, I’ve been ignoring Rodman since he was an active player. Now that he’s retired, I don’t see why anyone needs to pay attention to him.

      This is why we need to start ignoring rich famous people.

      Spot on. I’ve long wondered why anyone ever credits them with knowing what the hell they’re talking about anyway.

      I’m thinking that “deeply stupid” could describe many celebrities, and especially, especially the reality show celebrities.

    • Christopher Foxx

      This is why we need to start ignoring rich famous people.

      A blanket dismissal of the views of rich famous people is going too far.

      Granted the rich/famous crowd probably has a higher percentage of self-important idiots than other groups, challenged perhaps only by the Tea Party types who linger at the other end of the wealth/notoriety spectrum.

      But we shouldn’t ignore someone and their views just because they’re rich and/or famous. Some famous/rich folks actually make a great deal of sense.

      Rather, we should start ignoring stupid people and not put them in positions of influence.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Rodman spent a few days being hosted by the country’s ruler and treated like a visiting dignitary. I’m sure his security “escort” never took him into any place where he would see people starving or being tortured. He got to see all the pomp and pagentry and none of the slums. His opinion on what North Korea is really like is worthless.