Rand Paul Doesn’t Know The Meaning Of Consent

Speaking with David Gregory on Meet The Press today, Senator Rand Paul decided to relitigate the 90s saying that the Democrats accusing the GOP of waging a ‘war on women’ is totally undercut because President Clinton is a sexual predator who skinned his victims alive and wore their flesh like a new suit.

“One of the workplace laws and rules that I think are good is that bosses should not prey on young interns in their office. And I think really the media seems to have given President Clinton a pass on this. He took advantage of a girl that was 20 years old and an intern in his office. There is no excuse for that, and that is predatory behavior….. Then they (Democrats) have the gall to stand up and say, ‘Republicans are having a war on women.’ ”

At least Rand Paul thinks it’s a good thing that there are some workplace laws and rules that protect young women from their bosses, but not from being unpaid interns? I guess you can’t have it all, ladies.

And if your boss doesn’t believe in contraception, abortion on demand, even in cases of rape and incest, equal pay, same sex marriage rights, daycare, food and nutritional assistance– if you’re desperate, pregnant and starving, you get to decide when it’s okay for your boss to take advantage of you.

‘Binders full of women’ never had it so good under the visionary leadership of today’s Republican party. I get the feeling that this isn’t exactly what they’ve been teaching Republicans in outreach training class. How to attack your female opponent without sounding like a psycho woman-hater?

Republican Party Convention in Anaheim. San Francisco Chronicle, October 2013.

Republican Party Convention in Anaheim. San Francisco Chronicle, October 2013.

Sen. Paul, in his best smelly-garbage-face, intimated that this is all fair game, and where he comes from, they would ‘disassociate themselves’ from anyone in the community who would “take advantage of young women” like that.

I think it’s wonderful that Rand Paul can stand up to what he believes is predatory behavior and lives in a community that never forgives and never forgets. Because they’re Christians!

And, as everyone knows, right wing media, and media in general, is always giving breaks to the Clintons, while Republicans never have any affairs, or take advantage of young women, or boys, and they always disassociate themselves from such scoundrels immediately following their all-man panel denying women access to contraceptives, voting, abortions, and good paying jobs.

This entry was posted in Crazy Caucus, Ethics, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Hillary Clinton, History, Misogyny, Quote, Rand Paul, Rebranding, Republican Party, War On Women, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Chachizel

    What an asshole this clown is. As much as I dislike him, I say fuck the so-called liberals that would even consider to support him because “SnowWald”

      Actually, they began rooting for that prick when he came out against drones. Stupid assholes.

    • Scopedog

      Yep.

    Should any one of the current crop of Republican sociopathic reprobates win the 2016 election, it will set civil rights back a hundred years.
    Adds…….any liberal who claims any support for either of the Paul morons is not only also a damn moron, but is also no liberal. Not even CLOSE to liberal.

    • Scopedog

      “…any liberal who claims any support for either of the Paul morons is not
      only also a damn moron, but is also no liberal. Not even CLOSE to
      liberal.”

      Beat me to it. I just wonder how many of them will get moist in the loins just because either one gripes about the NSA and calls for legalizing weed.

      Over at Mother Jones, Kevin Drum wrote about the GOP’s about-face in regards to the NSA. Reading the comments of those who were cheering this move and spouting the “well, I know they’re bad, but we are in agreement here and something’s gotta be done” made me gag. The GOP did this as a crass, cynical move, and anyone falling for it, especially those claiming to be liberal, are damned fools.

        The GOP did this as a crass, cynical move, and anyone falling for it,
        especially those claiming to be liberal, are damned fools.

        Exactly right. And, of course they’ll reverse their damn course the minute they regain power.
        I don’t know, Scopedog, but I have to think that the firebagging so-called liberals have to be dumber than damn rocks.

  • trgahan

    “….I think really the media seems to have given President Clinton a pass on this..”

    I know Paul is A) an entitled, tone deaf, conman and B) just throwing meat to the base in a forum that will never call BS; however a quick trip to recent history shows that the “liberal” media gave Clinton ANYTHING but a pass over the Lewinski debacle in the late 90’s. Heck, one could argue it was the media’s constant hammering of that issue that helped divide and demotivate moderates and progressives enough to hand 2000 to Bush (and those of us still willing to acknowledge that that presidency even happened know how it turned out).

    I won’t bother pointing out the absurdity of countering active Republican legislative efforts to marginalize the female citizenry with “hey, your guy got a blow job in the oval office!”

    • nathkatun7

      Well said, trgahan! What is even sad is that the MTP host let Baby Paul get away with a lie. How can Paul say that the media gave President Clinton a pass and receive no push back from David Gregory when the media, and especially cable news, obsessed about Lewinsky 24-7? Besides, is Rand Paul so ignorant of the fact that the House of Representatives, cheered on by many in the media, impeached Bill Clinton over the Lewinsky case?

  • muselet

    Shorter Rand Paul: one Democrat engaged in bad behavior toward a woman; therefore Republicans aren’t engaging in a war on women.

    I think the chemicals from his poodle perms have damaged Rand Paul’s brain.

      Edited:

      Shorter Rand Paul: one Democrat engaged in bad behavior toward a woman 17 years ago; therefore Republicans aren’t engaging in a war on women today.

      • muselet

        True.

        –alopecia

  • mr spork

    I don’t recall the media giving Clinton a pass back then at all. He got the opposite of a pass, whatever that is. His getting a blowjob from an 20-something year old adult intern is not the same thing as the Republicans trying to subjugate women. Monica Lewinsky’s dress got stained, but her rights as a woman weren’t taken away.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I wonder what Randy thinks about his Senate colleagues giving Vitter (R-Pampers) a standing ovation?

  • John Ballard

    In some grotesque way this — plus Huckabee’s remarks trying to pin the War on Women label on Democrats — makes me wonder if some back-channel talking points have been scattered around. If so the attempt is going horribly wrong.

  • drspittle

    But, but….Chuck Todd thinks Rand is “impressive”. Poor Chuck. The dearth of “Obama Scandal” stories is getting to him.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Fuck Chuck Todd. The man’s worthless.

      • drspittle

        The word “worthless” is too kind.

        • Christopher Foxx

          True. It’s not that he adds nothing (worthless), he’s actually very damaging.

          • drspittle

            This. The mainsiimer media are more dangerous than Fox in my opinion.

          • Christopher Foxx

            “mainsiimer”? Mainstream?

            Fox ismainstream. So I wouldn’t rate them as any more or less dangerous than, for example, NBC which employs such imbeciles as Todd.

          • drspittle

            In my mind Fox is strictly a propaganda arm of the GOP. My defiinition of “mastream” (or “mainslime”, as I love to call it) are the major networks – ABC, NBC, CBS – CNN – who sling propaganda while pretending to be “objective” (“both sides”, blah blah blah).

          • Christopher Foxx

            Got it. Thanks.

          • drspittle

            You’re welcome! (-:

  • jebediahspringfield

    Hey, Sen. AquaBuddha, while we’re talking about the treatment of young women and such… still waiting for some kind of apology/repentance from you for kidnappping a female fellow student at Baylor and trying to force her to take bong hits.
    If Pres. Clinton’s behavior decades ago is pressingly relevant today, then so is yours, you douchebag.

  • Christopher Foxx

    There is no excuse for that, and that is predatory behavior….. Then they (Democrats) have the gall to stand up and say, ‘Republicans are having a war on women.’

    It’s just “look, over there” all over again.

    Yes, a case can be made that Clinton was a predator. Person in highest position of power vs very young person is not an even match.

    But Rand’s apparent logic, that someone on the Democratic side did something wrong means you can’t ever point out the wrongs done by Republicans. And, no, it doesn’t work that way.