Sticks and Stones Will Break My Bones…

…but guns will never hurt me.

This is your American gun culture.

In Virginia, visitors to the state legislature can not bring American flags and signs affixed to sticks, because capitol security considers sticks a public threat. Firearms, however, are allowed. [...]

Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America’s Gena Reeder said they were aware of the rules, but “certainly not in our wildest imagination thought that could apply to the American flag.”

While the moms tore out the dowels of their flags, capitol grounds visitors with firearms were ushered through the entrance.

And here we have exclusive footage of the event.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    We may not be the stupidest country on the planet, but dammit we sure are trying!

  • muselet

    Oy.

    –alopecia

  • Scopedog

    Yep, but hey, look over there! It’s the NSADRONEZILLA!!

  • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

    Sticks. STICKS.

    Wait a sec…if sticks are considered dangerous, wouldn’t they count as “arms”? The ones we are allowed to keep and bear? Couldn’t they just say they use the sticks to defend themselves? It makes about as much sense!