Video: 60 Years of Warming

Here’s 60 years of global warming in 15 seconds courtesy of NASA.

Scientists emphasize that weather patterns always will cause fluctuations in average temperatures from year to year, but the continued increases in greenhouse gas levels in Earth’s atmosphere are driving a long-term rise in global temperatures. Each successive year will not necessarily be warmer than the year before, but with the current level of greenhouse gas emissions, scientists expect each successive decade to be warmer than the previous.

In other words, a dip in the polar vortex or an arctic blast, like the one we’re experiencing right now, does not disprove climate change or global warming.

This entry was posted in Environment and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Righty rebuttal to the whole of climate science: Nuh-uh!

    We are so screwed.

      And algore is fat!

      It’s been in the upper 70′s here in AZ this past week. The average high temp should be 67, not the upper 70′s. I’m dreading Summer this year.

    And North and South Dakota will become more appealing places to live in the next couple of decades (I hope). Then at least all the snow birds that come to AZ will migrate somewhere else.