What Could Go Wrong?

Do you want to stop “the Democrats and liberal media” from ‘mandating every aspect of your lives?’ Just leave your name, address, phone number, and email with the Paul Broun campaign and he may give you the tools you need to stop them.

I’m talking about a brand new assault rifle, of course.

PaulBrounAR15

This will undoubtedly attract thousands of people to his campaign that have virtually no prior interest and whom will gladly hand over their contact information on the slim chance that they will win a new gun. This is both a brilliant and deplorable strategy for that reason.

It’s seems inevitable that the AR-15, the rifle that was used to murder 26 people, including 20 small children, at Sandy Hook Elementary school, will become closely associated with extremists here in American just as the AK-47 is closely associated with their counterparts abroad.

I don’t care what your opinion of the Second Amendment is. You’re enshrining a weapon used for mass murder. It’s not a long rifle used for hunting deer or shotgun used for hunting birds and varmints. It’s a weapon used to hunt people.

This entry was posted in Georgia, Gun Fetishists, Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KarenJ

    The first recipient no doubt was the 62 year old (white) West Virginian who shot his new (black) neighbors when they walked onto their new property to inspect an old shed.

    http://t.co/vBvJVqVbdQ

    • muselet

      Charming fellow. I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison.

      –alopecia

    • Sabyen91

      I haven’t seen the race of the victims. Do you have a cite for that?

      • captkurt

        Can’t vouch for the accuracy, but someone posted Facebook pictures of the victims in the comments section of the Gawker article. The actual race wouldn’t have mattered to the shooter, it’s just whatever he ‘thought’ they might be. So now, Stand Your Ground will be extrapolated to, “if I can see you, you are within range of my firearm, and you look suspicious to me”? I feel like going on, but my lunch will not digest if I do.

        • Sabyen91

          It is amazing. Guns being used as a first resort. How cheaply do we value human life?

        • Norbrook

          According to the news station there, yes, those pictures *are* the victims. Sadly.

  • muselet

    Chez says, correctly, that someone buys an AR-15 to feel like a badass. I’d add that the gun-lickers have decided to bully the rest of us, badly (as Nelson, Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney cringe in embarrassment):

    “Ooh, are you afraid of the scary scary rifle? Gonna cry? C’mon, cry for me!”

    Gun-lickers wouldn’t care about the AR-15 any more than any other firearm if it weren’t designed to kill people and hadn’t been used in Newtown. These are not well people.

      Exactly right. The AR-15 is popular because it was used to slaughter children.

      Sick doesn’t begin to cover it.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Of course, what “conservatives” call “mandating every aspect of your lives” during Democratic presidencies, is called “having laws” during Republican presidencies.

    I hate that meme so much.

    Although maybe not quite as much as, “I am constantly under attack for my values and beliefs.”

    Grrrrr.

    • Christopher Foxx

      “I am constantly under attack for my values and beliefs.”

      As he should be.

    • D_C_Wilson

      “Lies from the pit of Hell!”

  • Badgerite

    That should really be a picture of Adam Lanza ( with the crazy eyes ) as the poster child, shouldn’t it?

  • Norbrook

    Back in the early ’80’s, I was going to a bar with a group of friends when we passed a gun shop. In the window was an AR-15, the price of which caused a great deal of comment. Mostly because it was very expensive. The discussion over drinks ended up being “what would you use that for if you had it?” Seriously, none of us could come up with a good reason for it outside of “well, it’d be a conversation piece.” Every other civilian use would be the equivalent of using a screwdriver as a chisel. Possible, but not very good.

    Oh, and the other thing? At the time, we were all in the military, so we knew exactly what that rifle could do. Since in most states, there’s not a lot of game you can (legally) use it to hunt with, It’s overkill for what game you can, and as a “personal protection” it’s generally not a good idea to shoot a bullet which can penetrate over a quarter inch of hardened steel indoors. These days, my opinion is that the people who are buying them are in serious need of neuticles and testosterone replacement therapy. Since they obviously don’t have any balls.