You Stay Classy, Congressman

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) physically assaulted a reporter during post-State of the Union news coverage.

(h/t Accident Attorney Thomas Soldan)
This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    Thug.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    “I was extremely annoyed because I was doing NY1 a favor … The reporter knew that I was in a hurry and was only there to comment on the State of the Union, but insisted on taking a disrespectful and cheap shot at the end of the interview … I verbally took the reporter to task and told him off, because I expect a certain level of professionalism and respect…”

    Translation: “He made me do it!”

    This is how Republicans “take personal responsibility.”

    • D_C_Wilson

      Remember when asking politicians tough questions that they may not even want brought up was considered a reporter’s job, not a lack of “professionalism and respect”?

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Perhaps he has “professionalism and respect” confused with “deference and sycophantism.”

        When I was a high school teacher, I would constantly have students accuse me of “disrespecting” them or “not listening” to them, when in fact all I was doing was not giving them what they wanted, not accepting their excuses at face value, and telling them things they didn’t want to hear.

        Then again, they were 16.

        • D_C_Wilson

          Deference and sychophantism appear to be what wingnuts expect from reports these days. I guess all the years the White House Press Corps spend acting as Bush’s stenographers have spoiled them.

        • Christopher Foxx

          Perhaps he has “professionalism and respect” confused with “deference and sycophantism.”

          Then again, they were 16.

          Exactly. Republicans believe that proper behavior means “letting me do what I want” and anything that doesn’t let them act as spoiled, selfish children is somehow oppressing them or “stealing their freedom”.

    • Christopher Foxx

      because I expect a certain level of professionalism and respect…”

      “From others. I hold myself to a different standards. That being: none.”