You Stay Classy, Ted Cruz Fans

A conservative blogger at a rally for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) joked about shooting at cars with California license plates:

“You will see a lot of cars coming west heading east on Interstate 10, and they’re going to have California license plates,” Whittle said in remarks flagged by Raw Story. “Now, if you see these cars pull into rest areas or hotels or restaurants, that’s fine. Wave goodbye, make sure they go out on the Louisiana end.”

Whittle went on to say that if you see those people drive into residential areas “you need to open fire on these vehicles immediately. Immediately. Not with 9mm or AR rounds, you need to put mortars on those things, you cannot take any chances.”

And naturally the crowd booed and hissed at thought.

I’m kidding! Of course it was greeted with uproarious laughter.

(h/t April Cockerham)
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    Hahahahahaha!! It’s funny because it’s murder.

  • Robert Scalzi

    If I am not mistaken – that was a terrorist threat towards anyone w/ a CA plate – which is a crime – so how soon can we expect this asswipe to be arrested ??

  • tangles

    RWNJs hate us for our advanced civilization, and of course, healthcare. It’s a hatred born of fear and jealousy.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Exhibit #1,371 why conservatives aren’t funny (at least, not to anyone but each other). Their “jokes” are (1) always at someone else’s expense, (2) utterly devoid of self-awareness, (3) rooted in meanness and resentment, (4) meant to perpetuate that meanness and resentment, and (5) usually directed at people with less power than, and/or no standing with, the conservative audience.

    • D_C_Wilson

      But if a democrat had said that, they’d all still be on their fainting couches.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Of course. People whose sense of humor meets the above 5 criteria are, inter alia, incapable of taking a “joke.” #2 is the key.

        Years ago I had a friend who was (and I’m sure still is) a right-winger. He used to send around group emails containing all sorts of vicious, nasty things he was being programmed to believe about “liberals.” I found him trolling on a comment board for one of his own blog posts, set up an alias, and threw his exact words back at him. He had no idea it was me, nor that the words were actually his own. He just went on a tirade about how what I had said was an inexcusably horrible thing to say.

        Right-wingers have no self-awareness whatsoever. They have no idea how they appear and come across to non-right wingers.

        • bbcaaat

          And that explains why they are republicans, factual content and reality just doesn’t matter, never did, never will.

        Actually, if a liberal had said that, they’d be broadcasting it on every national media outlet in the country.

        • GrafZeppelin127

          … as “proof” of … well, of whatever it is they need to believe about “liberals” so they can feel better about voting against their own interests.

        • D_C_Wilson

          That too.

    • Christopher Foxx

      “Usually” ???

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Yea; including those who have no standing obviates the need for the word “usually.” I was thinking that Californians don’t necessarily have less political power than Texans (unlike conservative humorists’ usual targets, e.g., minorities, women, immigrants and the poor), but then came up with the organizing principle that would put Californians in that category.

  • Nefercat

    Remember how everyone jumped all over then Senator Obama for the clinging to guns and religion statement (which in context was empathetic, not insulting)?

    So a presidential candidate, someone who wants to be president of the whole, entire, 50 United States, thinks it’s a real laugh riot to joke about how 38 million Americans have no constitutional rights whatsoever and should be murdered, shot dead, blown to eternity.

    And that is perfectly acceptable? What horrible, horrible people, And Cruz showed again how entirely unfit to serve he is.

  • MrDHalen

    Here’s the thing, when conservatives make these “jokes”, many are not really joking, but they are floating the idea to gauge how willing others are with the idea.

    We laugh at how ridicules these people sound, but I see this as more effort to dehumanize the other half of the country and this never leads us to a good place as history notes.

  • Karl Nance

    The blogger, Bill Whittle, lives in Los Angeles (according to
    Wikipedia). Perhaps he should start shooting, beginning with himself!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Ha-ha, that’s very funny [/sarcasm].

    That is until someone who’s mentally imbalanced and has an arsenal bigger than a small town in a different country decides to heed that advice and then starts shooting at any vehicle because they carry a license plate from California, or any other state they deem ungodly and heathenistic.