Chart of the Day

What’s wrong with this picture?

broadcast-eucvote

Senate Republicans successfully filibustered a vote on extending unemployment insurance yesterday. Broadcast news programs spent exactly 0 seconds on it.

via Media Matters

This entry was posted in Congress, The Media and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    But, but, but… the lamesterm media. It’s so drenched in liberal bias, it’s not funny. Wake up, sheeple!!!

  • mr spork

    Unless it’s Justin Bieber, the Kardashians or some other stupid shit, the tv “news” doesn’t care.

  • muselet

    There’s no way to spin it (a) as a narrative for the 2014 midterms, (b) as a narrative for the 2016 presidential election, or (c) as a both sides! story. Therefore, it’s not a real story.

    –alopecia

  • ninjaf

    And besides…there is too much Sochi nonsense to cover stuff that might actually be useful to people back home.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    TV news is nothing but trash marketed for entertainment value and advertising revenue.
    It doesn’t surprise me that they missed another big story that matters very much to Americans.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I think Robert Reich nails it here. It’s taken billions of dollars and over 40 years to create and it’s dismal.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npj2U1PdIhI&feature=player_embedded