Crackpot Radio Host Declares ‘I Love Black Males’ as Reason for Banning Homosexuality

There’s a paleoconservative extremist on the radio who’s very likely the dictionary definition of a wingnut. His name is Bryan Fischer, a director for issues analysis the American Family Association (yes, “analysis” is part of his job title), and he’s gaining quite a bit of visibility.

Yesterday, on National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Fischer ran face-first into both homophobia and racism with an epic rant about how, yes, if you support LGBT rights, you hate black people. Via Right Wing Watch, here’s what Fischer said:

FISCHER: Black males are the leading victims of HIV/AIDS in our culture. [...] Let me put it bluntly. If you are for the legalization of homosexuality, you are for the acceptability of homosexuality, you are for the normalization of homosexuality, you do not care about black males. You have no compassion in your black heart for black males because they’re being decimated by HIV/AIDS [...] Six percent of the population, 44 percent of HIV/AIDS. So why am I opposed to the normalization of homosexual behavior? Because I love black males. I want black males to live long, prosperous, healthy, disease-free lives.

He went on to suggest that homosexuality and therefore HIV/AIDS is creating a “black genocide.” I don’t think that word — genocide — means what he thinks it means. And what about gay African-Americans or African-Americans who support LGBT civil rights? Do they support a “genocide” against themselves?

So Bryan Fischer “loves black males,” therefore homosexuality should be illegal. Makes total sense, doesn’t it? Let’s see how much Fischer really loves African-American men. From the Bryan Fischer Greatest Hits, he once said it’s a bad idea to give welfare assistance to African-Americans because they “rut like rabbits.” There was also that time when he said President Obama isn’t a “real black man.” Oh, and the president is also a “christophobic bigot.”

But he loves African-American men… [CONTINUE READING HERE]

This entry was posted in Racism, The Daily Banter and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127
    • http://www.livingenergy.abmp.com/ KanaW

      Congratulations, Graf – it was an excellent piece. I sent it along, myself :D

    • muselet

      Congratulations. I think you might have articulated the Grand Unified Theory of Butthurt.

      Many of the same people who are now demanding to be thought of as special have spent the past couple of decades railing against things like participation ribbons and self-esteem classes for kids because such things make the little bastards think they’re special. Funny, that.

      –alopecia

  • Auld_mac

    This is quite typical and comes as close to coherence as Brian Fischer ever does. His audience loves this rancid gruel as it fits tongue and groove with the fun house mirror mazes of their own myth addled psyches.