Don’t Drink The Water

FreedomIndustries

It has been over three weeks since the ban on drinking water in and around Charleston was lifted, but even today Crude MCHM is being detected in alarming locations.

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — More than a month after state officials discovered a massive chemical leak, water at another Kanawha County school tested positive for chemicals.

A water fountain tested Monday at Malden Elementary School showed levels of crude MCHM in two separate test results, according to Kanawha County Superintendent Ron Duerring.

“Malden Elementary will be re-flushed after school and further testing will occur. All results will be made public once they are confirmed,” Duerring said in the news release.

As you may recall, several local schools were closed last week after school cooks detected the chemical in the school kitchens, burning their eyes and making them nauseous.

Children are being provided with bottle water and hand sanitizer since they can neither drink or clean using the water, but that’s little consolation.

It’s pathetic that school children cannot even rely on the water coming out of their school fountains. And to make matters worse, coal slurry leaked into the Kanawaha River early this morning. The Kanawaha River runs through Charleston where it meets the Elk River.

This entry was posted in Environment and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    All of the above! Drill, baby, drill! Energy independence! Clean coal!

    Oy.

    No worries. When we strike water on mars all will be saved.

      Sure! I’m betting there’s at least a whole .001 ml in that jelly donut rock. That should get us through the next five seconds.

  • Draxiar

    I hope this turns out to be on e piece of a large wake up call to stop using coal (and fossil fuels) or if like a battered spouse the people of West Virginia will apologize for the companies and continue this destructive addiction. I’m an optimist so I’ll hope for the first option.
    Fossil Fuels will eventually die. It’s just a matter of when and if American industry is smart enough to embrace this next industrial revolution.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    From now on I think we all should be wary of any company that’s named “Patriot” or “Freedom” etc.