GOP Report: No Stand Down Order in Benghazi

bcs_benghazigate

According to a new report authored by congressional Republicans, not the Obama administration or those diabolical lefties in the Senate, one of the biggest Benghazi conspiracy theories is absolute bull.

via ThinkProgress

In a new report released on Tuesday, the House Armed Services Committee concludes that there was no way for the U.S. military to have responded in time to the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya to save the four Americans killed that night. [...]

As Media Matters reports, Fox News cited reports of a stand-down order no fewer than 85 times during prime-time segments as of June 2013. As the new report — which the Republican majority of the committee authored –makes very clear in its findings, however, no such order ever existed. “There was no ‘stand down’ order issued to U.S. military personnel in Tripoli who sought to join the fight in Benghazi,” the report says, noting that the military was not positioned to respond to the attack.

Was Darrell Issa told about this?

Of course we already knew there was no stand down order given that night, and although the Republicans have now put it in writing themselves, I don’t expect this will stop Fox News and Hate Radio from continuing to repeat this thoroughly-debunked theory.

File this away for the next time that they do, because you can bet on it. I expect to hear lunatics still prattling about Benghazi 20 years from now.

This entry was posted in Benghazi, Congress, Conspiracy Theory. Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    I expect to hear lunatics still prattling about Benghazi 20 years from now.

    Should Chelsea run for President in 2036 they will definitely bring it up. Stands to reason that if Hillary is responsible for Bill’s scandal, then Chelsea should be blamed for Hillary’s non-scandal.

    • D_C_Wilson

      Hell, if Sasha Obama runs in 2052, they’ll bring it up.

    • Scopedog

      Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if they brought up the Lewinsky affair–and somehow blame Chelsea for her father’s actions.

  • Lady Willpower

    Where are Dennis and joseph2004?

    • Pinkamena Diane Pie

      Drowning their sorrows.

    • Scopedog

      Struck down by the light of truth, so they’ve slunk back into the dark.
      No need to shed tears for ‘em.

    • captkurt

      Hate to be so cynical, but I fear they are just doing in-depth ‘research’ for a ‘well reasoned’ response. Certainly, the Republicans on the Armed Services Committee must be RINO’s who have been coerced by the evil Obama administration’s lies. Once Rush and Fox News have determined how to spin this, I’m sure Dennis and Joseph will have an opinion to share with us.

    Sounds like a win for the Prez, right? Nope, ABC News’ librul media headline is shouting “White House failed to protect Benghazi Mission”….face meet palm

  • Zen Diesel

    If only the White House would tell us what they knew about Benghazi!!!

    /snark

  • mrbrink

    Since there are no more rules for lies and slander that will get you kicked out of politics, Democrats can run around saying Republicans orchestrated the attacks on Benghazi to win an election and it would only be half as bad as the shit they’ve been slinging over this.