Here’s What You’re Missing on This Week’s After Party

bcsap_psh

Join the After Party. Only $6 per month!
If you’re already a member, go on in.

Here’s What You’re Missing This Week: Remembering Philip Seymour Hoffman; His Greatest Roles; The Philip Seymour Hoffman Conspiracy Theory; Woody Allen, Dylan Farrow and Mia Farrow; Bob Meets the Twitter Mob; Red Hot Chili Peppers Gate; CVS Bans Cigarettes, Fox News Goes Bananas; Drugs, Heroin, Addiction; and much more.

This entry was posted in After Party and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    That picture reminds me. On the radio this morning they were talking about a local place that’s holding a Hoffman tribute this weekend, showing his best films. The film reviewer for the station ranked his top ten films.

    Tied for #10, Twister and The Big Lebowski.

    I’m pretty sure that not only disqualifies you from being a film critic, but also from being a human being with a functioning brain.

    While I agree that the Farrow/Allen thing has gotten to the point that it is an absolute tragedy and debacle that is too ugly for public consumption, I disagree with Chez on one particular point. He said that it wasn’t possible for Mia to be the two very different characters her two children portrayed her as. I can definitively answer that it is completely possible. I come from a large dysfunctional family. My older siblings are 15, 10, 5, and 2 years older than me (a total of 6 of us, not counting my younger half bro who is 6 months younger than me). If you ask any of my siblings to characterize my parents…their versions of my parents is fundamentally and startlingly different from my own memory. Just as stark as what you are seeing in the Farrow situation. The truth is that the dynamic in families between parents and siblings (adopted or not) and how that affects their perceptions about one another is not simple at all and the more dysfunctional a family is, the weirder it is. So take it from me….Mia could actually have been both those people….at least in her kids’ perceptions. Just my two cents.