Obamacare is Working

Gallup is not ready to attribute this to Obamacare, but I’ll go out on a limb and predict that it will be attributed to the law.

The number of uninsured persons in America is now at a five year low.

The percentage of uninsured people in the United States has fallen to a five-year low, according to a Gallup survey released on Wednesday.

About 16 percent of adults are uninsured, according to the report. That’s down from the multi-year high of 18 percent in 2013, and from 17.1 in the previous survey quarter.

The uninsured rate is on pace to end the first quarter at its lowest point since President Obama came into office.

With millions of new people enrolling in Medicaid and many more obtaining private health insurance for the first time in years, I don’t see how this could not be attributed to the Affordable Care Act.

According to Gallup there was a drop in the number of uninsured persons in 2012 as well and thus they cannot attribute it to the law, however the meat and guts of Obamacare were not activated at that time. It seems reasonable to me to assume that this drop in the number of uninsured will persist even if previous drops were merely a blip.

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Oh Oh! We can’t have that can we?
    Looks like it’s time for republicans to polish up the old IRS and Benghazi turds to a higher gloss.

  • drspittle

    “I don’t see how this could not be attributed to the Affordable Care Act”
    In a world where logic, knowledge, and analytical thinking prevail, that statement makes total sense. However, in the world of Chuck Todd and his mainslime media mavens, Faux “News”, the Rethuglican Criminal Cabal and DudeBros, not so much. I still love ya, JM! (-:

  • Mart

    Prior to full implementationot of the ACA, a lot of yutes went back on their parents company sponsored policy. Used to spit out kids not in college at 18, or when they were out of college. Now can stay on plan through age 26. Believe there were millions of them, including both my daughters. This c(w)ould have helped to dip the number of un-insured.

  • mrbrink

    I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that in 2010 ACA kicked in and expanded coverage and protections for millions of people. Obamacare is “a failure,” especially in the 25 states where their legislatures have taken a blood oath to senselessly punish and destroy as many people as possible to fulfill… The Obamacare Prophecies.

    But when it comes to covering more Americans, creating more demand for jobs, reducing the deficit, slowing the out of control growth of healthcare spending, saving lives, and showing health insurance corporations that we could, and should, fuck their shit up with three words if we weren’t already renting their towering infrastructure for the same 15% gratuity typically expected in the service sector– it’s a thumbs-up success story befitting a goddamn balloon float parade right up the asses of every living obstructionist still trying to kill it.