Outreach

When it comes to reaching out to different demographics of voters, the Republican party’s problem is pretty simple; they have too many racist psychopaths in their ranks.

During an editorial board meeting with the Dallas Morning News last Friday, Tea Party candidate Chris Mapp allegedly said that “ranchers should be allowed to shoot on sight anyone illegally crossing the border on to their land and referred to such people as ‘wetbacks.’” In defending the statement to the San Antonio Express-News on the same day, Mapp explained that using the derogatory term “wetback” is as “normal as breathing air in South Texas.”

Mapp, a Senate candidate, has apparently walked back part of his call for violence but not really. And certainly not the racial element.

(all sic)

Did I say “Wetbacks should be shot on sight”?

“NO” I DID NOT.
I said “OUR BORDERS CAN BE RESPECTED BY CHOICE OR BY FORCE AND CHOICE IS NOT WORKING.

Did I use the term Wetback?” Yes”.

Did I use the term illegal immigrant? “Yes”

Would I use the term undocumented worker? “Not likely”

Here’s a photo of Mapp with Senator Ted Cruz taken from Mapp’s Facebook page.

MappCruz

Isn’t that lovely?

This entry was posted in Gun Fetishists, Immigration, Racism, Wingnuts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    Mapp explained that using the derogatory term “wetback” is as “normal as breathing air in South Texas.”

    Nice of Mapp to note that the racism is just that prevalent.

  • zirgar

    There’s Ted Cruz with his stupid, El Greco-ized Bill O’Reilly meets Eugene McCarthy face standing next to some pissed off, living, breathing Dr. Seuss creature, the Mumbly Grumbly.

  • i_a_c

    It’s like they refuse to even contemplate the fact that undocumented immigrants are human just like they are. Just shoot ‘em, whatever! Uh, murder’s illegal, y’all.

    Back in my home state at least one town is considering making it illegal to rent to undocumented immigrants. Unfortunately, people get blinded by “illegals” and don’t even think of the consequences. What’s the alternative if they can’t rent? Apparently, the pro-family values people don’t mind putting families on the street as long as they’re brown.

  • waspuppet

    “Did I say “Wetbacks should be shot on sight”?

    “NO” I DID NOT.

    I said “OUR BORDERS CAN BE RESPECTED BY CHOICE OR BY FORCE AND CHOICE IS NOT WORKING.”

    Oh. Well, that’s totally different. You stupid hick America-hating fuck.

    Add this to ever growing pile of evidence that the Tea Party is indeed full of racist jerks. They can deny it all they want…their actions always belie their words.