Rand Paul: Hold Hillary Accountable for Bill

rand_paul_derp

via Right Wing Watch

In an interview on the Steve Malzberg Show yesterday, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky claimed that if Democrats want “any consistency” in fighting for women’s rights, they should “disown” former president Bill Clinton, who he called “gross,” an “unsavory character” and a “sexual predator.” Paul specifically urged Hillary Clinton to disown her husband: “All the time, candidates are asked to return money if an unsavory character gives them money. What if that unsavory character is your husband?” [...]

“I think if they want to be credible in saying they defend women’s rights in the workplace, they really need to disown and really return any contributions that Bill Clinton’s either raising for people or given to people,” he added. “I think for the movement to proceed on or have any consistency, they need to disassociate themselves from him.”

Apparently actively trying to break up someone’s marriage is an official part of the Rand Paul campaign-to-be. This is the second time in a matter of weeks that Rand Paul has attempted to blame Hillary for the actions of Bill.

Paul and the Republicans know that they would stand no chance against a campaign promoted by Bill Clinton and President Obama, and their preemptive strike against this is to blame the wife; Hillary Clinton.

There’s no way that could backfire. Or as Al Sharpton said last week, “I dare the Republicans to take that to her, because if I’m her, I would dribble, hit the backboard, and score a three-pointer from way out, because she was the wife in this.”

Meanwhile, Rand Paul and the Republicans will show their respect for women’s rights in the workplace by fighting their access to birth control and passing bills to restrict private insurance that covers abortion.

HR 7 would take the unprecedented step of using the tax code to penalize individuals and small businesses for purchasing health insurance plans through the Affordable Care Act that include coverage for abortion services.

Calling Bill Clinton a “sexual predator” is an affront to actual victims of real sexual predators. And unfortunately for Paul and his colleagues, there isn’t a single person in their skeleton closet of donors that isn’t “unsavory.”

This entry was posted in Election 2016, Hillary Clinton, Rand Paul, War On Women and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Right. One man’s personal, (not professional) actions, who may or may not have been a lecherous lout, is completely equal to one whole political party’s historical positions and legislation that have been (and still are) firmly against Women’s Rights. Yep. That totally evens things out. Thanks, Rand Paul!

    • ninjaf

      Don’t forget…this is the same party that feels the botched launch of healthcare.gov is equal to their shutting down the government. *smh*

  • muselet

    Get used to hearing this from the Rs. They’ve tried it before (SEE: Filner, Bob SEE ALSO: Wiener, Anthony) and didn’t get laughed out of the green rooms, so they’ll see what it will do for them in 2014 and 2016.

    And by making the (ridiculous) attack repeatedly, Rand “I’m A Libertarian Except When It Comes To Ladybits” Paul has made it clear he’s running for president. What a surprise.

      Rand “I’m A Libertarian…” Paul

      Wait. He is? Based on what? Once you actually look, he doesn’t seem to take many truly libertarian positions.

      • muselet

        Neither did Ron “Crazy Uncle Liberty (!)” Paul, but that’s the family shtick.

        –alopecia

  • captkurt

    Gross and unsavory? My memory is dim on the specifics, but didn’t Rand have some past connection with the Porn industry, prior to his ‘public service’? If that is the case, can someone dredge up some facts related to that, and throw them back in his smug little face?

    • Sabyen91

      Maybe he lent his hair to the porn industry in the 70′s for some glorious merkins.

  • Christopher Foxx

    “I think for the movement to proceed on or have any consistency, they need to disassociate themselves from him.”

    Yes, because if they keep Bill Clinton involved any campaign is dead in the water. Yet another demonstration of Paul’s ability to “think”.

    HR 7 would take the unprecedented step of using the tax code to penalize individuals and small businesses for purchasing health insurance plans

    Because Republicans are all about keeping the gov’t from interfering in the decisions businesses make.

  • WiscoJoe

    If this is the standard Senator Paul wants to set, I’m very eager for him to denounce and disown the Southern Avenger, Alex Jones, and the Ron Paul Newsletter.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Randy has been bringing up Zippergate a lot lately. I guess he figures attacking Hillary for Biill’s sins is his key to the White House.

  • jebediahspringfield

    Has anyone asked Rand Paul if kidnapping a woman and trying to force her to do bong hits is “gross” and “predatory.” Since Rand did exactly that in college, maybe he should disassociate from himself.