Rand Paul Stupidly Plagiarized His Stupid Lawsuit

rand_paul_derp

Ken Cuccinelli seemingly had no idea what he was talking about when he and Rand Paul unveiled their sham lawsuit against the Obama administration yesterday, and it turns out there’s a good reason for that.

He didn’t draft it.

Rand reportedly worked with former Reagan administration lawyer Bruce Fein to draft the suit, but then replaced him with Cuccinelli.

But when Paul filed his suit at the U.S. District Court in Washington on Wednesday morning, Fein’s name had been replaced with that of Ken Cuccinelli, the failed Republican gubernatorial candidate in Virginia who until last month had been the state’s attorney general. Cuccinelli has never argued a case in that courthouse, and he isn’t even a member of the D.C. bar (he also filed a motion Wednesday seeking an exception to allow him to argue this case in D.C.). But he is, like Paul, a tea party darling.

Fein, who has not been paid in full for his legal work by Paul’s political action committee, was furious that he had been omitted from the filing he wrote.

The suit reportedly has “long passages that are nearly identical to those in the complaint” filed by Paul and Cuccinelli.

Rand Paul and Cuccinelli are a laughing stock and this a politically-motivated mockery of the justice system. It should be thrown out of court.

Update... MSNBC reports RANDPAC has released a statement from Fein saying that he has been paid for the work he did on the lawsuit. The fact remains he was replaced by Cuccinelli and Fein was not immediately named in the lawsuit. Cuccinelli still has no idea what he's talking about.

This entry was posted in NSA, Rand Paul, Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Kitty Smith

    Welp, it looks like there’s nothing the Paultard’s golden boy won’t plagarize.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Cuccinelli still has no idea what he’s talking about.

    I suspect that’st the case on a great many things.

  • mrbrink

    Rand Paul is a petty intellectual thief and a proven liar and Bruce Fein said as much, and then they accused Fein of not being “a team player” while they steal his work and erase his name.

    The original lawsuit written by Fein and then stolen by these two irrefutable derp shits didn’t name President Obama, but Rand Paul and Ken Cuccinelli are obviously lynching up in the world these days.

    Rand Paul can take whatever property he needs without consent, and you will quarter him in your home if Rand Paul requires it because we need this guy to be president even if he has to lie, cheat, steal and smear his way to power. Because freedom and founding fathers.

    This is unbelievable behavior coming from ‘a darling’ of anything this side of a kleptomaniac’s career stumblebum rap sheet.

    And the Rand Paul imbeciles tell us that this guy is thinking in ways our brainwashed liberal minds just cannot comprehend. This is what leadership and independent thinkers look like to people who believe President Obama is out of his depth. “Rand Paul is the answer.”

    Signed, Stupid questions.

  • West_of_the_Cascades

    With respect JM, you don’t have the faintest clue what you’re talking about here. I’m a lawyer (I represent environmental groups against the federal government) … first, it actually is good practice to copy whole paragraphs from documents in other lawsuits, especially if they’ve been successful. Filed complaints and briefs are public records – it saves your client time and fees if you don’t remake the wheel. Given that the attorney who wrote the complaint in the first suit also drafted the complaint in the second suit, and then another attorney took over the litigation, makes this completely unexceptional in ordinary legal practice. You sound stupid calling it “plagiarism.” Second, it is also completely normal for attorneys who aren’t admitted to a particular district’s bar to file suits there — you have to get a local counsel and permission of the local court (in this case the District of D.C.), but it’s routine. I am not barred in California or Nevada but have worked “pro hac vice” on several cases in both states.

    You normally do a good job with your posts, but this one is just not up to your normal quality. This isn’t plagiarism in the sense that an academic or journalist would use — there’s simply nothing wrong in the legal field with doing what Paul and his attorneys did here. Whether the suit has merit, I haven’t followed closely enough.