The Beer Delivery Drone: Great Thing or Greatest Thing?

This may be the greatest thing I have ever seen. A gift from the beer gods heralded by heavenly trumpets and trombones.

Unfortunately the fact that this drone only flies about 50 feet in the air didn’t stop the FAA from shutting down the beer delivery program.

This is a good example of instances where regulation hasn’t caught up to modern technology, but the good news is the FAA is expected to publish rules governing the commercial use of drones later this year.

This entry was posted in Drones, Food, Technology and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • beulahmo

    Pretty sure these bastards are behind the beer drone kibosh. Obvious thugs are tryna protect their market.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Awww, but look at their faces! How could you hate something so adorable?

      • beulahmo

        I know. They could save a person from hypothermia by just showing up and warming their hearts. <3 <3 <3

  • Ned F

    Shut down our beer delivery? “thanks Obama!”. 5,4,3,2..

    • muselet

      Nah, it’s a craft brewery. The Right won’t care because they won’t drink anything that isn’t mass-produced by either an enormous corporation or a loony Right-wing family; the Left won’t care because it’s not an organic beer made with sustainably-farmed free-range hops.

      The only ones who’ll care are the ice fishermen.

    The most practical application of technology ever achieved. The Wright brothers, Oppenheimer, DARPA– Fools! Dear god, finally, the future has arrived and it looks exactly like the Jetsons, but with more beer. Godspeed, Ripple Stork. And that’s where world peace comes from. Next up: Speedy, weedy delivery!