The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 2/13/14

bcs_bourne_ultimatum

Underpants Valium: Snowden Stole Passwords to Access Documents; Greenwald’s The Intercept; NSA and Drones; The Day the Surveillance Rally Fizzled; Steve Stockman Sues Super PAC Over Underpants Allegations; The Latest GOP Lie About Obamacare; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (55 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • HilaryB

    Love the new Snowden music.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    You guys have waaaaay too much fun ripping apart that weasel Greenwald and his mini-me Snowden. >:)

      We really do. They make it easy, too.

      • Scopedog

        Well, you do it better than anyone else, Bob–you and Chez, that is.

  • muselet

    Nothing will deflate the Cult of Snowden, but the news of how he actually gained access to the documents he absconded with might (note I said “might”) reduce the number of new converts.

    Glenn Greenwald must … oh, hell, I can’t be bothered. I’ve known too many people with that kind of personality, who always have to be right in the most aggressive possible fashion, to find him worth my time.

    I haven’t visited The Intercept (boy oh boy, someone stayed up late dreaming up that name), but my sock drawer isn’t arranged quite the way I want it yet.

    Lt. Col. Robert Bateman last week posed an interesting hypothetical—shortly to be not hypothetical at all—about whether in the near future humans should be involved in drone targeting. We’re not there yet, but …

    “The Day” isn’t the problem. That’s actually a fine start to a name (The Day the Earth Stood Still, anyone?). The problem is that this one petition and a bunch of people aimlessly griping almost makes effective follow-up impossible.

    Billy Joel has always been underrated both as a songwriter and a musician. He’s not cool enough, he was married to Christie Brinkley (Berke Breathed spent an unreasonable amount of time needling him for that), his music’s not cutting-edge, his music’s relentlessly middlebrow, blah blah blah. The man’s music hasn’t always been to my taste, but he has skills and he has chops.

    As I said about Steve Stockman at Banter, what an odd little man.

    As I believe I’ve said previously about George Gordon Battle Liddy, what a loon.

    If the ACA had been passed by a majority-R Congress and been signed into law by an R president, no one would be worrying about people escaping job-lock.

    –alopecia

    • Lady Willpower

      I’m just grateful they didn’t name it “Going Galt” or some shit, instead of The Intercept.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I never understood why some people poked fun at Billy Joel for marrying Christie Brinkley. If a guy that kind of a fish-face can land a supermodel, there’s hope for us all.

  • ranger11

    Good fucking show!

      Thanks!

  • Draxiar

    “strange anatomy to zig zag that dogleg…” holy shit Bob I laughed my ass off! Dear God I love this show.

      :)

  • mrbrink

    “The Day We Fight Back” screams “notice me!”

    As far as Independence Day, the social media generation is more like Tiffany the stripper ignoring the sober advice of Vivica Fox to not take their stupid “Welcome, Alien Snowden!” signs to the top of a commercial skyscraper. Rolling out the red carpet for aliens trying to break down our national defense capabilities does not end well. So, when do they get to say “checkmate?”

    Cue the music… I would stand in line for this. There’s always room in life for this. #ExtremePrivacyWays #PassiveAggressiveHashtags.

    You guys have been on a roll for months.