The RNC Is Hotsy For Nazi

This past week, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus proudly tweeted news of a new “start-up culture” at the RNC with the creation of Para Bellum Labs:

Turns out, Para Bellum Labs, or the phrase “Para Bellum,” has a history with Nazi power.

Dave Weigel quoted an article by Adam Weinstein who pointed out that the phrase “literally means ‘(prepare) for war’” in Latin.

In fact, it’s part of an old Roman cliche, “Si vis pacem, para bellum”—if you seek peace, prepare for war. That’s been quite an inspiring little phrase through history, at least to militarists. It was especially inspiring to Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken, the German government’s arms manufacturer from the late imperial era to World War II.

DWM started using the “parabellum” phrase as a name for its signature guns—first, the light machine gun used by the Kaiser’s best during World War I, and then its most iconic gun: the Parabellum Pistole, or the Luger pistol.

The RNC and Para Bellum Labs is currently seeking job applicants for the great Nazi comeback. “Desperately Seeking Goebbels” for a massive “data engineering” project that will overthrow hearts and minds everywhere through prevention of an informed electorate.

I’m sure the position comes with all the benefits you’d expect from a party that promotes the suppression of the vote, marginalization of women and minorities, the starvation of children, as well as overcompensating military and fake hero worship, concentrated power, media domination and an intellectually-violent victimization complex.

And guns. Lots of guns. For infiltrating the Liberal swines where they eat, think and live, but also for protection from Jews, Darkies, and the census man, of course.

Next up for the RNC: The Final Solution Academy of Political Science.

Standing by.

bear_jew

This entry was posted in Epic Fail, Far-right Intellectual Violence, Guns, Rebranding, Republican Party, Stupid Party, Wingnuts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    RNC steps on a rake. Film at eleven.

    –alopecia

  • Ashes Defacto

    The Republicans cannot seem to remember events that happened less than a decade ago. Expecting them to do a 5 second search online to determine that a name might prove problematic could well beyond their means. After all these are the same people who started calling themselves “teabaggers” not only without doing this but if they had they would have discovered that a few years earlier Mark Maron had made a series of jokes that were very similar to the ones that swiftly started to be made about them.

  • drspittle

    Yeah (claps hands softly). If I don’t get the job as Satan’s Executive Assistant I may apply.

  • Wait…What?!

    You have got to be kidding me. You’re really reaching here.

    • mrbrink

      Not reaching. Pointing and laughing.