What Could Go Wrong?

RunScissors

A Missouri Senate committee voted to pass an unconstitutional nullification bill last week which would make it a crime for federal agents to enforce laws in Missouri, but that may not be the worst part.

Missouri Republicans also passed a provision to hand out more guns while limiting enforcement of gun laws.

 In September, Missouri’s overwhelmingly Republican senate came just one vote shy of the votes necessary to override Nixon’s veto. Like the bill Nixon vetoed last year, the new legislation contains a provision to arm public school personnel. It also would lower the minimum age to receive a concealed weapons permit from 21 to 19.

More guns and no gun enforcement. Eureka!

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    It’s a mind-staggering amount of stupidity.

    Seriously, it’s almost inconceivable that this level of hypocrisy and stupidity exist. If we weren’t getting the daily examples I’d think someone was having us on.

  • muselet

    I’d hate to be the first Missouri law-enforcement official, prosecutor or judge to get sideways with the ATF or—better—FBI.

    It’d be fun to watch, though (from a safe distance).

      Unfortunately, I’m afraid someone is going to get hurt. When we start turning local and state LEO’s against Federal LEO’s we’re heading into some very dark, dangerous territory. That fraternity is very important.

      • muselet

        Agreed, but I doubt that argument would convince the Missouri Legislature.

        –alopecia

  • LeShan Jones

    History tends to repeat itself, and these people are repeating the mistakes made 180 years ago during the original nullification crisis. It’s doubtful however that they will see a better outcome than the last time, and if they’re hoping to spark off another Civil War in the hopes their pet militia goons will carry the day this time…as I said history tends to repeat itself, usually with the same outcome for those who don’t learn the first time.

  • bleedingheartliberal6

    Listening to the radio this morning, I heard of some governments closing due to the possibility of snow and ice….”Our first priority is the safety of our citizens”, they said. Sounds reasonable…you don’t want every man for himself out there on the roads, where unforeseen circumstances could cause (no, will definitely cause) more injuries and more death due to the shear number of people driving on the roads. More cars on the roads does not equal greater safety. Now, if I were talking about guns instead of snow, it seems that “Our first priority is the safety of our citizens” seems to no longer apply. Interesting…….