What Would Your Mother Say?

ChunkySoup

It’s obvious that this is little more than a publicity stunt aimed at enticing someone to hire Jack Burkman for something — anything — but I believe this is actually an argument not to hire him.

Washington lobbyist Jack Burkman on Monday said he is preparing legislation that would ban gay athletes from joining the National Football League. [...]

”We are losing our decency as a nation,” Burkman said in a statement. “Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

What would mothers think about their grown-ass adult sons showering in an NFL locker room?

I would hope they aren’t thinking about that at all. I think we can officially draw the line at Chunky Soup.

Furthermore, who cares?

With arguments as ironclad as this, perhaps we should encourage wingnut think tanks to hire Mister Burkman.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Sports and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    How about a bill that would ban PED’s? Those are far more dangerous to players health than sexual preference.

  • Robert Scalzi

    To bad for him that the almost useless comish – Goodell is an advocate for gay equality and has been for years ( His brother is …gasp… a ghey !)

  • Lady Willpower

    I find it hilarious that anyone would think football isn’t gay.

      Exactly! All that hot, sweaty man on man action….LMFAO

  • Clancy

    What is with these guys and showers? Why does it matter if the person who sees you naked is straight or not? Is there some law that requires straight men to have sex with gay men when they both happen to use the same locker room? If so, maybe we should change that instead of banning people from locker rooms. . .

  • FlipYrWhig

    The word “forced” is being used in a rather slippery way in that quotation. Not as slippery as shower soap in his fevered homoerotic imagination, but slippery nonetheless.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Jeebus Fleebing Cripes on a popsicle stick. These people are STOOOO–PID.

    Congress can’t ban anyone from playing in the NFL. Only the NFL can do that.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Not in the Republican mind. In the Republican mind you only can’t make laws that inconvenience them. States rights are sacred only for laws they like.

      • GrafZeppelin127

        I’d love to hear their explanation of what part of the Constitution authorizes this. Then again, they don’t care if their explanations make sense.

        • Christopher Foxx

          “The Constitution supports this because I know it supports it. I don’t have to provide a reference because Benghazi.”

  • Christopher Foxx

    Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man.

    If it bothers you so much, then wait to get home to shower.

    Why should that guy have to suffer because of your feelings of discomfort. The argument didn’t make sense during DADT, and it doesn’t make sense now. If having gays serve openly in the military was going to be bad for unit cohesion, then it’s the guys who can’t do their jobs that should be booted, not the one’s who are being professional.

  • muselet