Area Buffoon is an Anti-Vaccine Truther

We already knew Donald Trump is a birther, a fraud, racist, and misogynist. Now we can add anti-vaccine truther to the list.

And some people will say ‘who cares? It’s Donald Trump.’

My response to that would be Donald Trump is still very much a part of the Republican party. Trump and Mitt Romney participated in fundraisers together in 2012 and Trump always speaks at CPAC.

There is every reason to believe he will be an integral part of the party culture going forward and will undoubtedly stick his head into the 2016 election one way or another.

Trump should be tied to the GOP every time he opens his big dumb mouth.

  • Ipecac

    Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of
    many vaccines, eventually – DEATH. Death Rate of 100%!

    Healthy young child inherits from father, gets pumped with massive shot of
    many vaccines, loses money, is given it back, loses it again, is given it back – ASSHOLE! One such case!

  • morningsky

    Having a stepson age 15 with autism and being connected to the autism community I can tell you that there are specific cases and friends who attribute the MMR vaccine with direct connection to their child having autism. I think many parents with autistic kids avoid or have stopped giving vaccines to their kids. We are also believers in asking your doctor to spread out the vaccine program over a period of time. Many Dr.’s will do that if asked. Many of us are not against vaccines and understand that their may be many contributing factors to autism. Just be informed. All of us including our kids bodies are under assault from the toxic environment we live in. Maybe worth while to read Silent Spring by Rachel Carson again. By the way I am no big fan of the Donald.

    • Sabyen91

      There is no correlation between vaccines and autism. Period.

      • morningsky

        I did not say that the vaccine was specifically the cause. Some kids get the MMR and are fine others including a very good friend knows that her son was perfectly fine developing on mark and as soon as the MMR was given something happened. Many of these kids have gut / brain issues. Something triggers their inability to absorb proper nutrients and discard the bad. As I said there are many factors. The vaccine alone may not be the factor but may be a trigger. Are you connected with anyone with autism or active in your autism community? It is a serious problem. If 1 in 100 or 1 in 80 kids especially boys was born without fingers on their left hand their would be a public outcry. Autism is silent in many ways and effecting communities around the world.

        • Sabyen91

          “Something triggers”? Yes, that is the age that autism typically shows up. It is like saying arthritis drugs cause Alzheimer’s because some people start showing symptoms soon after starting the drug.

          The science is clear.

        • Ipecac

          My son is autistic.

          There is no correlation between vaccines and autism. The vaccines are not a trigger. Period.

        • Christopher Foxx

          Are you connected with anyone with autism or active in your autism community?

          If I admit “yes” am I now allowed to speak on the topic? Are you trained in medicine or have any background in infectious diseases? If someone has to be connected with autism before they get to speak on this topic, then unless you have formal training you shouldn’t be speaking about the medical effects of vaccines.

          Look, I understand the desire, the strong desire, to find a cause. To be able to point to something and say “That did it. That was the thing.” But a vaccine/autism connection has scientifically looked for, repeatedly, and there isn’t one.

          Autism tends to show up around the same ages that vaccinations occur. It’s also around the same ages that kids start school. To claim it must be something in the vaccines that triggers autism is no more valid than saying autism is caused by kindergarten.

          What is causing the autism? We don’t know. That’s not comfortable. We want to know what causes bad things. It makes them less scary. But fact is, we don’t know. (We do know it isn’t vaccines.) And if you’re really, truly concerned about the welfare of children then you wouldn’t be taking a position that puts so many of them at risk for getting potentially deadly infections.

        • Badgerite

          I’m a firm believer in the anomaly. (The metabolism that is at the extreme of the bell curve) But there are also societal interests and something called heard immunity that has to to considered. Diseases that were all but non existent, thanks to vaccines, are now resurfacing. And those diseases can be fatal to children.
          What I do know is that the last thing anyone needs is The Donald messing around in an issue like this. The guy can’t even seem to read and comprehend a birth certificate.

    • gescove

      Anecdotal reports “e.g. “friends who attribute the MMR vaccine [to]… autism” are not a counter to the well-established science that there is no link. But these oft-repeated claims create confusion and, as you note, fear of ALL vaccines. And that leads to real public health problems like this (from ThinkProgress today): “Orange County, California health officials are reporting a “record breaking” outbreak of measles in which 21 people have been infected and seven have had to be hospitalized… The increasing number of outbreaks have been directly tied to more people choosing to forgo these preventative measures based on conspiracy theories that vaccines are linked to autism.” Anti-vaxxers put everyone at risk. Donald Trump needs to STFU.

    • Annie Snyder

      The latest research on autism shows that the brains of children with autism are already different while they are still in the womb. So what, the vaccines travel back in time and give kids autism?

      All the vaccine hysteria is just parents desperate to avoid facing the obvious.

    • Christopher Foxx

      I can tell you that there are specific cases and friends who attribute the MMR vaccine with direct connection to their child having autism

      So?

      Seriously, why does that carry any weight? I can tell you that there are specific cases of folks who attribute hurricanes to a God lashing out at gay people. Doesn’t mean there’s any validity to their belief. In fact, there’s tons of evidence to show hurricanes are just natural phenomena that don’t care what is in their path. So why would we give an credence to folks who just insist on believing unsupported stuff despite all the evidence to the contrary?

      What leads folks to believe MMR has a connection to autism?

      - A study published in The Lancet that said there was? It’s been completely discredited. And there are hundreds of published studies that find no connection at all. To believe there is a connection they have to insist one discredited study is true, and a hundred valid studies are not.

      - Their own experience with their kids? So how did that happen? Their child was normal before when they took them to the doctor’s office, but then they were vaccinated and as they walked out of the exam room they suddenly started showing signs of autism? No, it was something they started to notice over time. And if that’s the case then they can’t point to the vaccine as the cause.

      And to point to anything as a “trigger” means assuming autism is triggered, and not a result of inherent abnormalities in brain structure or genetics (which is far more likely given the pattern of autism shown in some families).

      I feel for folks dealing with autistic children. I understand the desire to find a cause, to have something to point to so this thing becomes more explainable. But vaccines don’t cause autism. And just because some people have convinced themselves it does doesn’t change that fact or mean their belief carries any weight at all.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Network news had a report last night on how 1 in 65 kids is now diagnosed with some form of Autism. Report went on at length asking (but, of course, not actually answering) what was causing the increase in Autism.

    Not one mention of whether it’s being over diagnosed.

    • Sabyen91

      Or that it is recognized far more or that certain spectrums are now being labelled autism rather than other diagnoses from the past. It is definitely simplistic to think that higher rates of diagnoses means higher rates of autism.

      • Ipecac

        Yeah, I’m 49 years old and there are a LOT of people I grew up with who
        would likely now be diagnosed but who weren’t then. Knowing what we know
        now, it seems obvious that some of my friends were on the spectrum, but
        back then, we just didn’t know as much.

  • Badgerite

    Oh no he DIDDDN’T. This only goes to show that money does not make you smart.

  • DetroitSam

    What happened to all of the results Trump’s found against President Obama when he sent his sleuths to Hawaii? Don’t recall the Trump released this devastating info.

    • Sabyen91

      I hear they found some sand.

  • DetroitSam

    We are now having a resurgence of diseased that we thought were pretty much wiped out. This is a result of some not getting vaccinations. This poses a threat to all of us.

  • morningsky

    Note, I did not say no vaccinations.

    • eljefejeff

      no you didn’t. And I agree spreading them out might be a good idea. I don’t think it will make a difference but as long as they continue all of them at once, the anti-vacciners continue to believe in a correlation and will refuse to get them. My son is on the spectrum too. Most parents I know who have kids with autism don’t believe there’s any link. Some do. They’re more vocal.

      • gescove

        In fact, spreading them out dramatically increases the risk of contracting the illness not yet vaccinated for.