Darrell Issa is a Distraction From Benghazi

darrellissa

Darrell Issa’s Oversight Committee became lost in the woods after he compromised his own ability to move forward on his IRS witch hunt by cutting off Elijah Cummings and walking out of the interview with Lois Lerner.

What better way to refocus than to turn your attention back toward Benghazi Obamacare?

In a letter sent Wednesday and obtained exclusively by The Hill, Issa seeks a second interview with Tony Trenkle to clarify his testimony on HealthCare.gov security concerns. [...]

“Based upon additional information obtained by the Committee, it appears that you were not candid and fully forthcoming with the Committee,” Issa said. “We therefore write to ask that you make yourself available as soon as possible for another transcribed interview in order to clarify your role and actions implementing ObamaCare.”

As you probably recall, the “security concerns” Issa is investigating were essentially conjured out of thin air by Issa himself.

During the committee’s initial wave of investigation it uncovered that there had been concerns about the security of healthcare.gov, however during the interview process administration officials testified that those concerns were all addressed and fixed before the Oversight Committee even approached the subject.

Issa’s office leaked partial transcripts from those interviews to the media which made it appear that healthcare.gov still posed a security risk while, in reality, Issa and the Oversight Committee knew the problems had been fixed.

If another partial transcript falls out of the sky and lands in the lap of someone at Fox News in the near future, don’t be surprised.

Unless Issa intends to investigate himself, he’s wasting everyone’s time.

This entry was posted in Congress, Ethics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    “…he’s wasting everyone’s time.”

    This doesn’t irritate me as much as the millions of taxpayer dollars he’s wasting.

    • Churchlady320

      But if he did not do this, he’d be collecting his pay for absolutely no reason. At least he’s compiling a track record for why he should be censured.

        Except for the fact that no one, on either side of the aisle, will ever censure him.

      • nathkatun7

        In my opinion, what is needed to counter Issa is not Censure, which will never happen, but a vigorous challenge to unseat him. In the 2102 election, a candidate, with no money and no name recognition, won more than 40% in Issa’s Congressional District. This was the first time that Issa did not win more than 60% in his district.

    • nathkatun7

      Indeed, Nefercat! It’s this waste of “the millions of taxpayer dollars” that Democrats can focus on to try to defeat him in 2014. What irritates me the most, is the fact that Democrats are not even making an effort to challenge him.

  • LTanya Spearman

    The question become how many (not who) but how many juvenile on air talent jump on it and start reporting as facts to develop another fake scandal.. Which will last for weeks..
    Instead, of investigating Issa and his kangaroo court..

  • Demosthenes

    I thought it was kind of a witch hunt, too. Then I saw the report that was released by the committee with all of the emails by Ms. Lerner. It is clear to me now that at a minimum, Ms. Lerner decided to use the power of her position to limit conservative groups from obtaining 501 c 4 status. I cannot tell from the report who she was receiving her instructions or whom she felt would support her if it came to light, but I think it is obvious that she was up to no good and was taking unprecedented steps to limit people’s free speech.

    Glad to see that the oversight committees are doing what they are supposed to be doing…
    As far as Rep. Cummings goes, he will have time to grandstand at a later date. Apparently, he does not like when his own free speech is impaired. He should focus on doing what is right and not trying to tow the party line. He looked pretty pathetic. Almost like he was about to cry.

    • bbiemeret

      What were the names of the conservative groups that were unable to obtain their status?

      Yes, please give specific examples. If you can’t do that, you’re just giving us your non-factually based politically-biased opinion.