Florida Text Shooter Was Also Texting

PoliteSociety

Remember the man who shot another moviegoer in a Florida theater for texting during the movie trailers?

According to court documents, the shooter was also texting just before shooting another man for texting.

The revelation comes from court documents released Wednesday in the case that has drawn national attention. Matthew Reeves, the defendant’s son, said in an interview with deputies after the Jan. 13 shooting that he was running late to meet his parents for a 1:20 p.m. show of Lone Survivor. He texted his father that he was on the way.

His father wrote back that he and his wife, Vivian, were in their seats.

Here’s a great idea: let’s arm everyone so this kind of thing happens more often.

(h/t FloridaMan)

(h/t Kush Arora Attorney at Law)
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    I can’t even begin to understand how fucked up this is.

  • muselet

    I wish I had something more profound to say than I hope Curtis Reeves spends the rest of his life in prison.

    And that I wish him a very long life.

    –alopecia

  • zirgar

    The only thing that stops a bad guy from texting is a good guy who’s texting?

  • Nefercat

    How come it’s the people armed to the teeth that are always claiming that they were oh so skeered for their stunted, miserable, worthless, pants-wetting lives?

      Because they’re scared of their own shadow and the gun makes them feel safer. When we know in truth that having a gun, particularly carrying it around, makes the odds of something bad happen much, much higher.

    This sounds like a classic case of the conservative tendency to think “______ is good for me, but not for thee”. They get medicare but they don’t want anyone else to have it because if someone else gets it, it’s soshulizm. They get Social Security but they want to ensure future generations have to wait a few more years to collect because the rest of us need to be more fiscally responsible. You get the picture. This crime is the result of cognitive dissonance manifesting itself in real-world behavior.