How To Serve The Poor

EatThePoor

Artist – Pat Bagley

It’s hard to imagine anyone who falls into certain minority categories whose trial was presided over by Arkansas state Judge Mike Maggio received a fair trial. via ThinkProgress

If you have gay sex, then it is just a “small step” to sex with a dog. “Sluts are just whores in training.” Women shouldn’t make an “emotional decision to divorce because the husband stepped out” if he was a “good provider.” And, whatever you do, don’t go to Disney World during “gay/lesbian week.”

Those are just some of the gems uncovered after the Arkansas blog Blue Hog Report discovered that an pseudonymous commenter on a message board for Louisiana State University fans was sitting Arkansas state Judge Mike Maggio.

You never know when that comment warrior or concern troll might be a sitting judge or congressman.

I’m just guessing, but I imagine plaintiffs, defendants, lawyers, and attorneys will be looking for cases where Maggio’s bias may have been a factor in the outcome.

This entry was posted in Justice, Open Thread and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    The bigots, they’re everywhere. How does someone so obviously biased get to be a state judge? Oh that’s right, it’s Arkansas.