Let’s All Stand On David Gergen’s Lawn

If the Old Men Club seems even more peeved than usual about the president having a little fun, that’s because it worked.

The Twitter account for HealthCare.gov said Wednesday morning that about 890,000 people visited the website Tuesday, a 40 percent increase from the day before. For reference, traffic in January and early February was generally fluctuating between 200,000 and 400,000 visitors per day, according to figures obtained by TPM.

At least 54,000 referrals to healthcare.gov came directly from the Funny or Die website according to the administration.

CNN’s David Gergen and Fox News host Bill O’Reilly bleated that previous presidents wouldn’t have appeared on Funny or Die, and they’re right. They wouldn’t have appeared on Funny or Die because the internet hadn’t been invented yet.

Abe Lincoln wouldn’t have done it? Maybe not, but he did tell fart jokes.

‘Majesty of the office’ indeed.

This entry was posted in Comedy, Healthcare, Jackassery, President Obama and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    In the right-wing mind, Obama’s appearance on a parody talk show on the internet somehow demeans the Office of the President beyond all proportion, but Bush plunging the country into an illegal war in which thousands of people died needlessly, shows proper respect for, and truly honors it. Idiots.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Let’s All Stand On David Gergen’s Lawn

    And then, let’s all take a piss and dump on Bill O’Reilly’s!

      Don’t forget, you have to light the poo on fire for it be really effective.

  • moelarryandjesus

    I’ve heard that when Gergen and O’Reilly stand at adjoining urinals they always cross streams and giggle about it.

    Didn’t Richard Nixon appear on Laugh-In?

      (I realize that logic/reality have no bearing on the reactions of the GOPTPer, but I still ask the question)

    • vgranucci

      He did, but I believe it was before he became president.

      • muselet

        His appearance was two months before the 1968 election.

        –alopecia

  • kushiro -

    “That lying gay communist Kenyan Muslim Barry Hussein should show some respect for the office of the President!”

  • MrDHalen

    This is how some old white men like Gergen and O’Reilly deal with the fact that a black man is president of the United States. There has to be a flaw in the system, the man, the people. How has this man achieved what they could only dream of becoming? He MUST fail!