Matt Drudge is a Lying Liar

There’s a shocking headline if there ever was one.

Spoiler: the “LIBERTY TAX” isn’t due until you file taxes in 2015. Drudge is lying straight out of his ass.

Of course it wouldn’t be the first time or even the hundredth time.

This entry was posted in Lying Liars and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • nathkatun7

    “Drudge is lying straight out of his ass.”

    Drudge lies all the time. Sadly, the idiots who idolize him, including those who know he is lying, are busy applauding his latest lie.

  • Marsh hen

    Apparently not. Drudge is self employed. He files under small business, on a quarterly basis. The first installment is due by march 31. Which he just paid. The quarterly installment requires you to pay the Obamacare tax penalty as an installment as well.
    Matt drudge is correct in his statement.

    • mrbrink

      Yeah, not so much. There are several problems with your comment.

      First, there’s a difference between filing as an individual and a small business, or self-employed. Different forms, calculated costs and compliance deadlines. Which is it? Do you even know? Are you Drudge’s accountant? I’m guessing no.

      Second, if he is filing as a small business, the ACA specifically exempts all firms that have fewer than 50 employees from the “shared responsibility payment.” On the contrary, there are numerous tax credits and deductions small business owners can take advantage of for insuring their employees if they’re not already doing so.

      Third, if he’s filing as an individual his ‘shared responsibility payment’ is calculated as a percentage of annual income, or 1% of yearly income– not quarterly income– and is due when he files like everyone else in 2015 for FY2014.

      The individual shared responsibility provision goes into effect in (January) 2014. You will not have to account for coverage or exemptions or to make any payments until you file your 2014 federal income tax return in 2015.

      Again– there is no *requirement* to pay anything this year if he is in fact foregoing health insurance.

      Lastly, if you think Drudge is going without health insurance because Liberty(!) you are part of the reason why he gets away with lying on a regular basis.

    • Badgerite

      Yes, exactly. Drudge makes a fair amount of money “lying straight out of his ass” so I find it slightly absurd to believe that he did not already have a health insurance policy that complied with the requirements of the ACA. Unless he canceled his health insurance specifically to say he would have to pay a penalty, or canceled his good health insurance to sign up for lousy insurance, he would be one of those people totally unaffected by the ACA. As Mr. Brink points out.

      • JuanBusiness

        most self insured people had the insurance cancelled as they did not comply with Obama care requirements. Next, the premiums for the self-employed nearly doubled with the new insurance policies. Wow, talk about low information voters! And they actually post their ignorance.

        • Badgerite

          The only insurance policies that were ‘cancelled’ were those that did not comply with the coverage requirements of the ACA. That would be a policy that paid below 60% of covered charges or one that failed to cover as basic such services as mental health services, maternity services, preventive services and things of that nature. I kind of doubt that what’s his name who makes over $300,000 per year in personal income could not afford a policy that would comply with the laws requirements. He is going without insurance specifically so that he can pay a penalty. His choice.
          What is available on the ACA Marketplace would not cost any more than what he had previously, unless he was uninsured previously.
          In which case he would choose to not buy insurance when he surely has the resources to do so. If he did not have the resources or had more limited resources, then he would qualify for the tax subsidy which would defray the cost of his premiums substantially. For a family of 4 the cutoff is something like $98,000 per year. Below that, your family would qualify for help with the premiums.
          Drudge being single, his cut off would be about $44,000.
          Like I said, anyone who makes $300,000 something per year can afford to purchase decent health insurance that will comply with the law. If he is not, it is because he wants to pay a penalty so that he can say he paid one. Simple as that.

        • Badgerite

          For some reason Ready 1 would not let me reply to him so I will reply to him by replying to you.
          Here is what those people who are losing coverage need to do.
          Before March 31. Go to the Healthcare.gov website. Click on see plans. The program will prompt you to fill in information like age, income, size of family, smoker or non smoker, state, county. It will then take you to available insurance plans by insurance providers operating in your area. The tax subsidy will be included in the premium amounts so you can compare what you will have to pay in monthly premiums with what the government will pay for you. Almost everyone will qualify for some subsidy. The cut off is above $44,000 for an individual and above $98,000 for a family of 4. Shop the various plans available.
          The more expensive the plan the better the coverage. There are links to details of the plan, brochures and the websites of the insurance companies that are selling on the Marketplace. When you find one that is affordable and meets your needs, sign up. It is that simple.

  • jason mcneill

    I have 1st quarter estimated 2014 taxes due, I think there is a line for ACA penalty. 1% of income or $3,600 max

    • Marsh hen

      There is a 3% additional Medicare tax for those businesses who make over $200k.

      • mrbrink

        It’s an additional 0.9% Medicare tax for individuals who exceed the threshold amount of 200k, and it kicked in January 2013. But don’t let facts get in the way of your ongoing attempt to enrich insurance corporations and CEOs at the expense of bankrupting their customers– the entire country– by refusing to insure preexisting conditions and capping the industry’s obligations.

        Here’s a bit of reality for you, pre-Obamacare:

        Over the past decade, average annual family premiums for workers at small firms increased by 123 percent, from $5,700 in 1999 to $12,700 in 2009, while the percentage of small firms offering coverage fell from 65 to 59 percent.

        It was broken and breaking the country. On purpose. Because that’s the way health insurance corporations operate.

        Under the ACA, premium increases now have to be explained and justified, and no more than 20% of every healthcare dollar can go toward administrative costs, or CEO salaries.

        The ACA establishes a moral contract and enforces it on an immoral model that insurance corporations were using to rob America blind for decades. Good luck running on a platform that seeks to undo this moral contract.

  • DBCooper

    What a shock that a liberal is ignorant of how taxation works, in particular business taxation. Probably because dumb libs like the guy who wrote this trash only know how to TAKE tax money and not actually PAY.

    As already pointed out, the ACA penalty/tax is figured into QUARTERLY tax payments, the first of which for 2015 is due no later than the end of this month.

    A dumb regressive libturd that loves taxes but knows nothing about how the system actually works opens his shit-stenched yap and looks like a dumb ass in full public view.

    f course it wouldn’t be the first time or even the hundredth time.

    • Sabyen91

      You…aren’t smart.

    • http://www.intoxination.net intoxination

      Well let this self-employed liberal explain to you how the 1040ES works. First off, “due no later than the end of this month”? Apparently you neocons don’t know about self employed/small business, or you can’t read simple instructions. The payment is due at the middle of the month following the end of the quarter. This quarters payments are due on April 15.

      Second, the penalty payment isn’t automatically figured into your estimated payments. Nothing is! The instructions for 1040ES clearly states on page 2 that you *MAY* want to add in the penalty when figuring line 12 (other taxes). It’s not requiring you, like right wing sites are trying to claim and it’s not “figured in” like you claimed. MAY makes it optional.

      http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf

      • Badgerite

        Well, he could pay it early. But in order to even be required to pay a penalty he would literally have to DECIDE to go without health insurance just so he could pay a penalty. It is his choice. Not something he couldn’t avoid.

        • http://www.intoxination.net intoxination

          Here’s something to really ponder. The maximum penalty is $3600. Drudge makes more than $360,000/year (1% of income is the penalty, so he’ll hit the max and he actually makes a lot more than that). The cheapest Bronze plan in Dade County, Florida, where he lives is $233/month or $2676/year. So if he just went along with THE LAW and got the cheapest policy available, he would actually have some coverage and save almost $1,000/year (actually more. Self employed and small business can write off their premiums) . Instead, he’s CHOOSING to give Uncle Sam the money for basically nothing. So he’s either made the choice to throw this money away “on principal” or he really isn’t that smart.

          • Badgerite

            Plus, you can go 3 months out of the year without insurance. The 4 month will incur a penalty. So, given his income, I am guessing he is choosing to go without insurance for the number of months required to incur a penalty just to say he had to pay one. Then then he will purchase health insurance for the rest of the year and beyond. So he is intentionally gaming the process to make it more expensive. Which is ridiculous. But what do you expect of a guy who calls his site the Drudge Report.
            Where is my box of tissues? I have to do some crying for the guy, great ‘job creator’ that he is.

    • JMAshby

      “Libturd”

      You must be highly educated and sophisticated.

      The quarterly payment isn’t actually required due at this time, but paying it in installments would make it easier. Of course Matt Drudge would have no difficulty making one big lump sum payment at the end of the year from his Davidian compound. In fact, Drudge is hurting for money so bad, he bought his neighbor’s property just so he wouldn’t have to look at them.

      I’ll pour one out for him.

    • Badgerite

      So Drudge, who makes some ridiculous amount of money for lying on the internet ( see his adopted name ‘DRUDGE’. Why do you think he goes by that name?) decided NOT to acquire any health insurance because why? He can’t afford it? Uh huh. What I know is that he can and probably does afford it so such a penalty would not even apply to him unless he canceled his insurance because he wanted to say he paid the penalty.
      Where is my hanky for I will cry for him now! What a shock that some ignorant right wing turd wouldn’t be aware of the particulars of the law and would think that Drudge would be someone who would even have to pay any penalty unless he chose to.

  • JimmyAbra

    So, he is bragging about being irresponsible? Isn’t voluntarily going uninsured when you can pay like going unvaccinated choosing personal preference over those with whom you share a society? I just hope that if he gets sick or injured he has the cash to treat himself and the ability to navigate the negotiating of rates, etc. I’m sure he is rich and the penalty and the more common issues he’ll run into are in his price range. So, he is making it harder for the less privileged and giving the middle finger at the same time…and of course, if he were to get something outside his price range I’m sure he’ll start buying the insurance.

    • DBCooper

      He’s giving the middle finger, and so am I and plenty of others because we’re sick of leeches and government (same thing) demanding more and more and more.

      So yes, you can tax and regulate all you want, but we’ll just simply quit doing the activity that is taxed and regulated, so you aren’t getting anything from us either way.

      I’d rather sit on a beach and sip margaritas then work 100 hours a week to create a business and hire people, only to be blamed for “the poor” and be viciouse attacked by liberals and the government on a daily basis.

      “Society” can kiss my ass. You don’t get to tell me what to do anymore.

      • dave brunswick

        fuck you

      • D_C_Wilson

        “DB, dinner’s ready!”

        “Mom! I told you not to bother me while I’m posting important freedom stuff on the internet!”

      • Ipecac

        Of course if the willfully uninsured do get injured or sick, then the even higher costs of emergency care, loss of productivity and inefficiency get passed onto the public, but that’s reality. And you’re not dealing in that.

        Fact is, no one’s begging you to work and “hire people” so if that’s how you want to live your life, go for it. There are plenty more who do want to create jobs and won’t whine like a little baby when asked to pay their fair share.

        I presume now you’ll be giving up all the BENEFITS from living in society as well?

      • muselet

        Wait. You work 100 hours a week? Really? Rounding down to the nearest minute, that’s 14 hours and 16 minutes per day, seven days a week.

        Pull the other one, it’s got bells on.

        –alopecia

      • Badgerite

        Yes he is “giving the middle finger”. And that is his choice and has nothing to do, as such, with how the ACA works. Except that if the rich want to “give the middle finger” to the rest of society then they will have to pay for it AND go uninsured.
        That is what we call childish behavior. Cutting off your nose to spite your face.
        So, if you are going to do that, don’t complain that anyone MADE you do that.
        That is your CHOICE.

    • bleedingheartliberal6

      Of course, what everyone fails to mention is that if/when he gets sick, he will be charged full price for all his medical care ……wait until he sees those bills!!

    • http://www.intoxination.net intoxination

      That’s my thought exactly. Drudge has more than enough money to afford insurance. If he doesn’t like insurance, then why not go for a HSA, which the right loves? Again, the party of responsibility is showing just how irresponsible they truly are.

    • Ready1

      No it’s not. How is it irresponsible for someone to pay for his or her own healthcare? Why do you vilify people who work hard to make money, but applaud those (WH politicians) who want more and more of the money I earn? WHO IS GREEDY?

  • 1933john

    Never argue with Foxicated Drunks.

  • Badgerite

    The only thing that ANYONE would be asked to pay now would be either the insurance premium or their portion of the insurance premium. Apparently he is confused. OR—- Trying to confuse others.

  • RAWJUL

    You clueless people make me laugh. Learn a little about the difference between a 1099 and a w-2.

  • gekkobear

    SO for 2014 I don’t have to pay any quarterly taxes as a self-employed person for any quarter in 2014; and can avoid paying any taxes until 2015?

    Man, that’s a HUGE new change in quarterly tax filing… can I get that in writing.

    Not to doubt you; but when I’m audited next year for not paiyng the quarterly taxes I’ve paid for the past 2 decadees as selfemployed; I’d be embarrassed saying:

    “Sure your IRS document clearly says this was due in the official IRS form:
    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040es.pdf
    But this guy on the internet said I didn’t have to pay taxes until 2015 at all.”

    I think they’re going to need more than that for my audit. So can you show me the evidence that the IRS document link provided is wrong and you’re correct?

    Specifically page 2 stating you should pay the tax as “other taxes” and page 11, stating 1st quarter taxes are due April 15, 2014 for the 2014 tax year.

    If you could get that to me, it would be really great. Thanks. Since you know it’s a lie, you must have a source better than the IRS for tax information.

    Could you let me know who that is as well, just in case that audit happens and I need more information that is better and more accurate than the information on the official IRS documents.

  • Henry Becker

    Hey Ashby: Looking like you’ll need to don your asshat over this informative pos blog entry.

    • Henry Becker

      Bob Cesca too. Go ahead, put it on. Fits quite well, doesn’t it? Lmao

  • JuanBusiness

    As a self employed – 2014 taxes are paid quarterly. Therefore he didn’t lie, he has to start paying 2014 taxes (and this healthcare penalty) NOW! Bob…you and your accountant should be a little more on top of things. And all the low-information votes who agreed with you make liberals look ignorant.

    • rightwing

      If Drudge pays out-of-pocket for his medical expenses, and many people of means do so, he may not utilize or need insurance. How much insurance should he be REQUIRED to buy? BTW paying cash is a lot cheaper.