Meeting of the Minds

Daily Caller honcho and Fox News host Tucker Carlson appeared on the Alex Jones radio show on Friday of last week and, during this meeting of the minds, Jones and Carlson agreed that minorities are the new KKK.

“And the Democrats went from being the Ku Klux Klan party on race with Sen. [John] Byrd [D-VA] and all of them,” Jones said, “to literally going, ‘Okay, we’re gonna go race politic with the minorities, make them the majority.’”

As a result, he said, “we as Republicans, as Libertarians, or as white people” are made to feel guilty and “beat ourselves with whips on the head” for being white. [...]

“Yeah, there’s a lot of truth in that,” agreed Carlson. “I wish there weren’t. I mean, there’s no question that the country is more race conscious than it was when I was a kid. I thought we were moving away…I mean, I hate segregation.”

Tucker hates segregation. Honestly. Really. He just thought we were moving away from having to feel guilty about being racists. It’s such a drag.

I can’t recall a more insincere declaration.

It’s hard to see the Republican party ever moving beyond this idea that the rest of the world are reverse racists and that ‘Republicans, libertarians, and white people’ are the new persecuted.

Admitting to anything else would mean admitting guilt for the original sin. They would rather go on denying that conservatism had anything to do with opposition to the civil rights movement. They’d rather deny that conservatism works in active opposition to racial equality and racial justice today.

It’s curious though, because conservatives don’t seem to have a very big problem with the Dixie flag.

This entry was posted in Alex Jones, Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    It’s hard to see the Republican party ever moving beyond this idea that the rest of the world are reverse racists and that ‘Republicans, libertarians, and white people’ are the new persecuted.

    Well, if you makes you feel better, John Derbyshire agrees with you. In fact, he advises the GOP to just give up trying their outreach efforts.

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/03/right-wing-columnist-urges-gop-to-abandon-outreach-colorblind-conservatism-is-futile/

  • muselet

    I mean, there’s no question that the country is more race conscious than it was when I was a kid.

    Say what?

    When Tucker Swanson McNear Carlson was a kid (he was born in 1969, so let’s take him literally and say mid-70s to early 80s), the backlash against affirmative action was in full swing. Hell, the so-called Boston busing crisis—you know, where the pale people of South Boston practically rioted to keep them darkies out of their public schools—ran from 1974 to 1988. Presumably young Tucker didn’t pay attention to newspapers or television news reports or he’d have been aware at the time; I have no idea what his excuse could be for not knowing about recent history now, as an adult (willful ignorance is not an excuse).

    Carlson doesn’t deserve to be taken seriously on this subject. Or at all.

      ‘Practically rioted’ is a nice way of putting it.

    • mrbrink

      1989 Boston– a guy by the name of Charles Stuart shot and murdered his pregnant wife while driving home from child birth class and he told the BPD that a black guy wearing black running pants with red stripes did it, and he even picked a guy out of a line up. The word of this victimized man of whiteness was eaten up by police and press alike, who began cracking down on black men/kids in Boston looking to, according to Mayor Ray Flynn– “get the animals responsible.”

      A year later, after turning Boston upside down(think ‘Stop & Frisk’ on steroids)the guy’s brother came forward and admitted that his brother did it for the insurance. Soon after, Charles Stuart jumped off a bridge. His body was later found in the Mystic River. But not before Boston officials went bug-fuck racist trying find the black guy who did it.

      Long story short, if you need a reliable scapegoat, you won’t have Rodney King to kick around anymore. Because racism never existed when Republicans were president, so you better find someone else to frame for your crimes, white people. Hey! Here’s one!

      • muselet

        Tucker Carlson is parroting the standard Righty line that race relations were just fine before them damn’ libruls got those people all riled up. He can’t do so with the sort of Southern-fried, toothless charm of a Phil Robertson or a Paula Deen, so he pretends to be a disinterested observer who’s shocked by the perfidy of anyone who thinks there has been racism in the US since the Supremes decided Brown v. Board of Education.

        We’re more race conscious than thirty or forty years ago? The melanin-enhanced have always been intensely conscious of race, but now the pale people have had to catch up, and some resent that fact greatly. I’d venture a guess that Carlson is part of that “some.”

        People like Tucker Carlson are the reason cricket bats were invented (in the absence of a cricket bat, a board with a nail driven through it will do just fine).

          Cricket bat manufacturers rejoice! Finally, a purpose.

  • FlipYrWhig

    John Byrd, senator of Virginia? That has to be Robert Byrd, senator of West Virginia, no?

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Don’t you mean “meeting of the mindless”?

  • Christopher Foxx

    I mean, I hate segregation.

    … when it applies to white people like me.”

  • Churchlady320

    This started pretty quickly after the Civil Rights Act was signed. People then moved on to affirmative action, ignoring that it does NOT require quotas or preferential hiring, but they were white so MAYBE they might have to accept a qualified candidate who wasn’t. DISCRIMINATION. The mantra back in the 70s was that they weren’t responsible for slavery so why did they have to care?

    Middle class white Americans look for reasons why the nation is falling apart morally, but they never once think it is about this kind of stupid.

  • LeShan Jones

    This “it’s the democrats who are the real racist’s” bit is getting old. These parrots sit around squawking the same tune whenever the subject comes up, the KKK were democrats, Sent Robert Byrd, etc. They ignore the actual beliefs that animated groups like the KKK as well as what those groups still believe today. It’s inescapable that those racist groups were, are and always will be right wing conservatives.
    They say this stuff of course not to convince black people, but to reenforce the fantasy of their racist base that they aren’t actually racists and are instead the victims of those ungrateful black’s.