Report: Bill O’Reilly’s Ego Seen From Space

OReillyJesus
Bill O’Reilly isn’t comparing himself to Jesus, except when he is.

O’REILLY: “The O’Reilly haters are pretty much the people that have no idea what I do. And I like that — I mean, I don’t have any problem with people disliking me, and I’ll tell you why. I’m not comparing myself, but who was the most hated person in Judea 2,000 years ago?

Many, many loved him, but just as many despised him. They’re always going to do that. If you speak your mind, you’re going to have some who like you and some who hate you.”

O’Reilly is comparing himself to Jesus and his new book is titled Killing Jesus. Is Killing Jesus actually an allegory for O’Reilly and his many haters?

I thought worshiping false idols was a sin.

This entry was posted in Religion, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • D_C_Wilson

    I’m not comparing myself, but who was the most hated person in Judea 2,000 years ago?

    Well, it was a toss up between Herod Antipas and Pontius Pilot, depending on who was being the most brutal that week. If you were thinking about that carpenter who, assuming he actually existed, spent about three years preaching in Galilee before making a fateful journey to Jersualem, I’d wager that 90+% of Judeans never heard of him during his lifetime.

      Heh, clicked through to comments to say almost exactly the same thing.

    • nathkatun7

      Absolutely spot-on, D_C_Wilson!

  • muselet

    I’m sure this will disappoint Bill O’Reilly, but I don’t actually hate him. Neither do most of the people I know who, like me, know exactly what he does and think he’s merely an obnoxious bloviator.

    Sorry, Bill, you’re just not important enough to hate.

    –alopecia

    • bbiemeret

      Seething indifference, if there is such a thing.

      • muselet

        Not so much seething as gently simmering, but yeah.

    That’s not his ego, that’s his ass.

  • Robert Scalzi

    If a liberal had said that Orally’s head would be exploding – eff that clown

  • PhilSimms97

    Yeah Bill….People also hated the Devil and still do and that is a much more appropriate comparison.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    O’ Really, O’Reilly?

    • bbiemeret

      I hope you don’t mind, but I think from now on I will refer to him as O’Really. Awesome on several levels.