Sen. Harry Reid Drops The Gloves

Career scumbag-propagandist Tim Phillips, head of the Koch-funded Americans For Prosperity, lashed out at Harry Reid this past week for taking to the Senate floor in two separate speeches to call his bosses out for being “un-American” and having “no conscience,” saying that the ‘vast majority’ of their ads are untrue.

Phillips responded,

“For a politician to try and silence and intimidate an American citizen solely because they don’t like the facts that are coming out and the story they are telling says more about the politician than it says about Americans for Prosperity,” Phillips told CNN in a sit-down interview near his office in Arlington, Virginia Thursday morning.

“The irony,” Phillips said, “is that David and Charles Koch have created more prosperity for Americans in the form of jobs… in one year than Harry Reid and his ilk on the left in Congress have created in decades with their big government policies.”

Oh, the irony of enemies of democracy and a mouthpiece for billionaires complaining about character attacks and a lack of job creation.

But Senator Reid couldn’t care less, and one such political ad, a 60 second television buy featuring yet another Obamacare lie was just too much for Harry Reid, who dropped the gloves and took to the floor of the U.S. Senate to call these conniving motherfuckers out, saying, “You see, when you make billions of dollars a year, you can be as immoral and dishonest as your money will allow you to be.”

Americans For Prosperity has already spent “$30 million running radio, TV and digital ads in numerous states” this year.

“We’re very proud to have their support,” Tim Phillips said of the Koch brothers. “We are going to keep doing this. We’re not going to be intimidated.”

Whenever someones says that Democrats are wimps and need to fight, fight, fight, remember that Harry Reid is still up there with his 74 year old fists trying to beat back a billion dollar tax-exempt monster of a terrorist organization. When the round ends and Reid returns to his corner, is anyone there waiting for him with a towel and bucket?

This entry was posted in Elections, Harry Reid, Koch Brothers, Quote, Republican Party, Voter Suppression, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    solely because they don’t like the facts that are coming out

    He might have a point, if Phillips and Americans For Prosperity actually came out with facts.

    When the round ends and Reid returns to his corner, is anyone there waiting for him with a towel and bucket?

    Yes, kudos to Reid. But the round is not going to end. Not any time soon. So Harry can’t be loking to head to the corner.

  • ChrisAndersen

    I’ve always been a fan of Harry. The biggest knock I ever had against him is that he was so much of a traditionalist that it took him years to decide to actually call the Republicans bluff on their obstructionism. Some people called him a wimp. I just thought he was being excessively sentimental about an institution that is no longer the same one he first joined.

    • drspittle

      Also, I think he picks his battles very carefully. The book This Town provided some interesting insight into Reed. I came away respecting his abilities alot more.

  • muselet

    People—Lefties especially—have long underestimated Harry Reid, in large part because he’s polite and soft-spoken. He’s not perfect, but he’s an effective leader in the Senate and on occasion speaks bluntly, if quietly.

    That Tim Phillips saw fit to take a wild swing at Reid shows me that Reid is getting under the Kochs’ skin.

      I heard he was a pit bull of a prosecutor in Nevada. My complaint about him is that he should have pulled the pin on the nuclear option ages ago. He kept giving Turtle Man one more chance to play nice.

      • muselet

        I think Reid didn’t want to be the one to change Senate rules and traditions, partly because he has genuine respect for the institution and partly because he knew the Rs would use that as an excuse to blow everything up if they got the majority again.

        –alopecia

  • Treading_Water

    I’d love to see more of this Harry Reid