Sorry Not Sorry

darrellissa

House Oversight Comittee Chairman Darrell Issa has reportedly offered some form of apology to Representative Elijah Cummings (D-MD) for cutting him off, but last night on Fox News Issa accused Cummings of throwing a “hissy fit.”

Issa also wasn’t contrite in a prerecorded interview with Fox News host Megyn Kelly that aired Thursday night. It’s unclear if the interview was taped before or after the apology.

“I did things according to the rules, I followed a script, and then Mr. Cummings decided to have quite a hissy fit,” he said. “The truth is, if he wants to talk, I give him a lot of chances to talk.”

If you squint hard enough, you can almost see Issa tell that boy that he should know his place.

This entry was posted in Ethics and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    I did things according to the rules,

    As I understand House rules, no, he didn’t.

    I followed a script,

    I believe that’s what’s called an unintentionally revealing statement.

    and then Mr. Cummings decided to have quite a hissy fit.

    Words fail. (Actually, that’s not true, there are plenty of words I could use, but most of them are obscene.)

    The truth is, if he wants to talk, I give him a lot of chances to talk.

    You don’t have to squint hard at all, Ashby.

      The truth is, if he wants to talk, I give him a lot of chances to talk.

      Issa does know the incident is on tape, doesn’t he?

  • D_C_Wilson

    Issa’s problem is that Cummings refused to follow the script he had written for him.

  • Christopher Foxx

    If you squint hard enough, you can almost see Issa tell that boy that he should know his place.

    No squinting necessary.