Ted Cruz Wants Another Obamacare Election. Let’s Do it.

There were many issues at stake in the 2012 election but you could justifiably say the Republicans sought to turn the election into a referendum on Obamacare and that Obamacare won.

Senator Ted Cruz wants to turn the 2016 election into another referendum on Obamacare and I’m all for it.

“I’ll give you one scenario where it could [be repealed before Obama leaves office],” Cruz said. “If there’s one thing that unifies politicians in both parties is that their top priority is preserving their own hide. If enough congressional Democrats realize they either stand with ObamaCare and lose or they listen to the American people and have a chance at staying in office, that’s the one scenario we could do it in 2015. If not, we’ll do it in 2017.” [...]

“Millions of people have lost their jobs, have lost their healthcare, been forced into part time work, and right now Washington isn’t listening to those people,” Cruz said. “That’s how we win elections and that’s also how we repeal Obamacare law.”

By 2016 we will have gone through multiple open enrollment periods and years of Medicaid expansion. The number of uninsured persons will have dropped precipitously by then and both employment and personal income will be up as a result of the law.

By all means, let’s have another referendum. Let’s have another 365 to 173 electoral vote count. Add Rand Paul into the mix and the sky is the limit.

(h/t Attorney Kush Arora)
This entry was posted in Election 2016, Healthcare and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    Millions of people have lost their jobs, have lost their healthcare, been forced into part time work, and right now Washington isn’t listening to those people,” Cruz said.

    Because those people don’t exist, Teddy.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    “Millions of people have lost their jobs, have lost their healthcare, been forced into part time work, and right now Washington isn’t listening to those people,” Cruz said.

    You go right on believing that, Skippy.

  • Nefercat

    “Millions of people have lost their jobs, have lost their healthcare, been forced into part time work, and right now Washington isn’t listening to those people,” Cruz said.

    Sure, Ted. And also too:
    ‘Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.”

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Sometimes it’s just plain entertaining to sit back and marvel at the utter arrogance and stupidity of a delusional tea bagger.

  • D_C_Wilson

    If the republicans have their way, 2032 will be an Obamacare election.

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbd4t-ua-WQ