The Alternative

AlternativeCare

Artist – Tim Eagan

In other news, according to interviews conducted by Bloomberg Businessweek, Target was informed that they were experiencing a data breach when over 70 million customer accounts were compromised, but they did nothing. They didn’t even investigate it until the Department of Justice took an interest in the case.

Meanwhile, here’s another case of immense racist assholery, the Department of Justice doing its jobs, and the Southern Poverty Law Center looking out for those who can’t look out for themselves.

This entry was posted in Healthcare, Open Thread, Racism and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Horrifying story.

    Cirila Baltazar Cruz gave birth to a healthy girl in November 2008. But she was discharged from the Pascagoula, Miss. hospital without her baby, after social services officials who didn’t speak her language claimed she traded sex for housing, was undocumented, and concluded she intended to give her child away.

    […]

    It was only after a federal investigation of the case was initiated that the judge, prosecutor, and guardian ad litem all recused themselves from the case, claiming a new conflict of interest. The judge who replaced [the original Youth Court judge] granted Baltazar Cruz custody.

    “A new conflict of interest”? That’s rich. “We screwed up!” is not a conflict of interest, new or old.

    Some people simply should not be trusted with positions of power and authority.

      I was gobsmacked.

        Holy crap! With all the hormones racing through the body of a woman who just gave birth, I’m surprised she didn’t go ballistic. I know had it been me, I might just have gone all Rambo on the people that took my baby. I know that sounds extreme but to take a newborn baby away from his/her mother? That’s is some seriously effed up shite.