The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 2/27/14

bcs_ghostbusters_soundtrack

Lieutenant Steve: Anti-Gay Arizona Law Vetoed; Tea Partier Imagines Phallic Wedding Cakes; Crazy Doctor Open to Death Penalty for Homosexuality; Anti-Gay Candidate Tweets Pro-Gay Post; Erick Erickson Steps In It Again; Maine Lawmaker Thinks Rape is Better Than Abortion; Bob's Childhood Pretend Radio Show; We Remember Vinyl Albums; Everything the GOP Has Said About Obamacare Is Wrong; New Snowden Revelation is Actually Creepy; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (54 minutes, 24mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Jan Brewer vetoed SB 1062 because it would have cost Arizona money. That said, she did veto it and the Universe spins on, so apparently God is fine with LGBT people not being doubly discriminated against (or at least is less miffed about it than the bigots would have us believe).

    “So what Jan Brewer basically did is, she just didn’t make things worse.” That sounds about right.

    Bob, again I link to Roy Edroso, who makes much the same point about the arguments in favor of discrimination against Teh Ghey.

    Ed Kilgore posits that the Right’s “campaign for religious liberty” is losing steam before it really gets started. I certainly hope so.

    Chez, no Christian believes everything in the Bible. The fundamentalists are to my mind more likely to pick and choose than are Christians of a more liberal inclination. Funny, that.

    Tucker Carlson is desperately trying to remain relevant enough to be a television pundit. I’ve seen no evidence that he has any deep convictions beyond wanting to get paid quite a lot for saying shocking things.

    Righties argue that being gay is a choice and therefore Teh Gheyz should not be protected against discrimination. Then they become enraged when it’s pointed out that one’s religion is unquestionably a choice. Why, it’s almost as if they’re not arguing in good faith (pun intended).

    Erick ibn Erick is even more desperate than Tucker Carlson, and even less worthy of being taken seriously.

    No man can possibly be more familiar than Judson Phillips with the taste of his own boogers.

    Lawrence Lockman has said a number of wildly offensive and inflammatory things over the years. But he made it all better by issuing a statement yesterday: “I have always been passionate about my beliefs, and years ago I said things that I regret. I hold no animosity toward anyone by virtue of their gender or sexual orientation, and today I am focused on ensuring freedom and economic prosperity for all Mainers.” He’s said things that he regrets and is out to make Maine a glibertarian paradise. I feel so much better now, don’t you?

    Steve Martin is yet another fetus fetishist who doesn’t understand anything about ladybits. This doesn’t make him unique—folks like him are ten a penny—it just makes him the latest Righty to aim for sarcasm and only manage the lower reaches of derp.

    Bob, if it makes you feel any better about your childhood radio fantasies, Tom Hiddleston admitted last week on Top Gear that he did the same thing as a kid.

    Bob, you’re right, Chez drops much more impressive names than you do. Such is life.

    Todd Young wants to define full-time work when he’s a member of an institution that, under his party’s control, worked 126 days in 2013 and plans to work 113 days in 2014. Can you say chutzpah?

    Is anyone really surprised that the Save American Workers Act of 2013 would do harm to the working poor and middle-class people Young claims to care about, and add to the deficit?

    It is creepy that GCHQ collected images from webchats, and I cannot imagine why anyone would think that was a productive use of time and resources. The best explanation I can come up with is that GCHQ needed vast numbers of images in order to test and refine its facial recognition software. I can’t imagine anyone at the agency thought they’d find any actual terrorists this way. It will be interesting to see what details emerge while the Twenty-Four Hour Rule is observed.

    –alopecia