The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 3/26/14

bcs_bidondi

Bidondi: Special Wednesday Show; Alex Jones Sidekick Dan Bidondi Told to Go Eff Himself; The Alex Jones Shibboleth; 911 Truthers; Crazy GOP Midterm Ads Have Begun; GOP Candidate Shoots Obamacare Law; Iowa Candidate for Senate Used to Castrate Pigs; Prog Rock; Ronan Farrow and MSNBC Teleprompters; The Narrative Rabbit Hole of Rachel Maddow’s Opening Segment; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius, the BobCesca.com Amazon Link and the Bowen Law Group.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party — Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (55 minutes, 24mb)
RSS Feed
Bob & Chez Show Archive

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show. Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Geez, warn a guy, would you? I saw a Bob & Chez Show was downloading on iTunes and suddenly wondered if I’d lost a day.

    I’d never so much as heard Dan Bidondi’s voice (with all due respect to Three Stooges fans, he sounds a little bit like a severely concussed Curly) until this morning when I read Chez’s slap-down and stupidly played the video. Bloody Nora, what a simpleton!

    “There’s a lot of stuff you can do there at the ass-end of the dial.” Can’t. Stop. Laughing.

    Josh Miller would have done better simply to stare silently at Bidondi for a few seconds, then turn away and ignore him and his microphone. That might not have been as immediately satisfying, but it would have been a hoot to watch Bidondi swallow his tongue in rage. The fact that Bidondi seems to think he came off looking good in that video indicates, to me at least, that not reacting to him would be a good—or at least fun—strategy.

    “He’s just a big, fat doofus.” Indeed, and if he showed one scintilla of awareness of that, I’d feel a bit sorry for him, too. However, since he doesn’t …

    Chez, in a very different context, James May on Top Gear a few weeks ago said this: “I’m a patient man, but even I, I was thinking I want to put your head in a brown paper bag and bludgeon you to death with the blunt end of an ax.” Seems to fit.

    Chez, for the love of all that’s good and pure, I implore you, do not do a whole show talking like Dan Bidondi. I do not enjoy the sensation of my brain trying to escape noxious stimuli by oozing out of my left ear.

    Joe Manchin seems to have started the whole idiot notion of a political candidate shooting a bill a political he doesn’t like, or at least I don’t remember anyone doing it before then. At this point, it’s like a passel of tribute bands covering covers from a tribute band: derivative and pointless.

    There are a few people in this world to whom I can’t

    bother even to be rude. Joni Ernst is one. Yes, I know, she has a nonzero chance of becoming a US Senator from Iowa, but until she’s elected I choose not to pollute my mind with her inane gabbling. Wake me when her primary is over, please.

    I was introduced to prog-rock (Yes, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Emerson Lake and Palmer, &c) by friends when I was in high school and while I could—and still can—take or leave a lot of it, there is a fair amount that can’t be easily dismissed. Lester Bangs absolutely loathed prog-rock and spent entirely too much time trying to make everyone else loathe it, but it was a lot more interesting than most of what the music industry was coughing up in the mid-’70s. Or maybe I just have a weird affinity for strange time signatures.

    I’ve noticed the same thing about the first segment of The Rachel Maddow Show. I’m more forgiving about that sort of thing than you guys, but there have been episodes when her seeming stream-of-consciousness openings left me feeling confused, and not in a good way.

    Chez, enjoy your time with Inara.

    –alopecia

  • beulahmo

    Holy crap, Bob! You do a perfect impersonation of Dan Bidondi.

  • Draxiar

    My sides hurt from laughing so much! That impersonation of Bidondi…is spot on. To chez’s point, he sounds exactly like someone from Rhode Island!

  • http://vermillionbrain.blogspot.com/ Vermillion

    Oh man, that Biondi impersonation. Just beautiful.

    Although, if you ever do an entire show of that, I will laugh my ass off, then sell all my belongings, by a plane ticket to Hawaii, and beat you with a shovel.

    I will get away with it, because listening to more than five seconds of that voice is grounds for an insanity defense.

    • muselet

      No jury in the world would convict.

      We will NOT be doing an entire show and I *love* doing that voice.

  • Draxiar

    The beginning of Hamlet’s Soliloquy as read by Dan Bidondi:

    “Ta be ohrnots ta be- dat right dere is da question:
    Wheddah it’s noblah in da mind ta suffah
    The slings and them there arrows of outrage-rageous fohtune
    Ohr ta take up my 2nd Ammendment rights to bear
    ahms against a sea o troubles…”

    I’d go on but I just can’t have that man’s voice in my head any longer.

  • aynwrong

    Listening to Dan Bidondi first reminded me of “The Lone Gunmen.” The fringe conspiracy nerds from The X Files. Then I realized those guys wouldn’t be caught dead with Bidondi. Those guys had standards.

  • villemar
  • Grizzle

    Good Lord, Bob. Your impression of BIDONDI! is spot on!

    Hilarious!

  • HilaryB

    The whole show was so funny, but the Alex Jones meltdown at about 22.50 had me laughing to tears. Weather weapons! =)