The Bush Exhibit

BushExhibit

Artist – Nick Anderson

In other news, House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI) has conducted his own analysis of anti-poverty programs and concluded that they actually make poverty worse. To rectify this we should implement his Path to Poverty budget right away, obviously. What the poor need isn’t a handout, it’s a little motivation to pull themselves up by their boot straps and escape the “poverty trap.”

This idea what there is even a such thing as a “poverty trap” is one of most bullshit conservative economic ideas today. As if receiving SNAP or WIC assistance during a time of need prevents someone from taking advantage of economic opportunities that, as you know, magically materialize for average people on a daily basis.

‘I was going to start my own business, but food stamps are just too good.’

This entry was posted in George W. Bush, Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Lady Willpower

    Oh, yes. The allure of $600 a month is too much for anyone to resist. SO much better than working.

  • D_C_Wilson

    What’s amazing is how Ryan’s budget is the magical elixir to solve any problem. Zombie apocalypse? Pass Ryan’s budget. Meteor about to hit the Earth and wipe out all of humanity? Forget calling Bruce Willis and Brad Pit, pass Ryan’s budget. Middle class sick of forty years of stagnant wages? Ryan’s budget!

    • drspittle

      Who you gonna call? Poor Busters!

  • Badgerite

    I find this incredible from someone who benefited from Social Security benefits while growing up.