The Daily Banter Mail Bag: Paul Ryan’s ‘Inner City’ Remarks, Banter’s Alleged Attack on Religion and What We’d Do With Piles of Money

This week’s questions. Answers here.

1) I know this is probably a rhetorical question but what do you suppose Republicans like Paul Ryan are thinking when they call “inner-city” men lazy? They have to know that people will think it’s racist. I know they probably don’t care but aren’t they in enough trouble already demographically?
– Trish

2) Why does The Daily Banter attack religion so much? Faith is many things to many people and it has made a positive difference in the lives of millions. Why is it so important that you ridicule the views of those who think differently than you?
– Steve

3) If you had all the money you could ever want, what would you do?
– Mark

This entry was posted in Mail Bag, The Daily Banter. Bookmark the permalink.
  • Toolymegapoopoo

    I’m a little surprised by the pussyfooting around Steve’s religion question. No one attacks religion on this site. I only see attacks on religious people who do stupid shit. Going after a dickhead who says academics should be “taken out and shot” or pointing out the blatant bigotry in anti-gay marriage crusades is not an attack on religion any more than criticizing Arizona’s gay Jim Crow law was an attack on religion. Just because you cloak yourself in the guise of religion doesn’t mean you get to do harm to others. Steve’s question sounds a lot like the “you are a bigot for pointing out how much of a bigot I am” talking point we are all becoming accustomed to these days.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I would think one reason why “The Daily Banter attack[s] religion so much” is because “religion” so much loves to pretend that it’s “being attacked.”

    When “religion” is being used as a sword to violate people’s legal and civil rights, it should be attacked. When people trying to use religion as a sword disingenuously pretend that they’re only using it as a shield, that should be attacked as well.