Welfare Academy: Jon Stewart vs Eric Bolling

In a battle between between Daily Show host Jon Stewart and The Five host “Ericleese Bollingsworth,” we’re the winners.

Your fair network has created the very balanced narrative that ties people’s poverty to their own lack of virtue and says that programs created to serve the impoverished are, in fact, the reason that those are still impoverished.

It’s sort of the idea being if they weren’t such shitty people they wouldn’t be poor and those food stamps are just making them shittier.

Poverty can be tied to a lack of virtue? That sounds familiar, doesn’t it? It’s almost as if Paul Ryan made that argument two days ago.

This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    But let’s take you at your word. Perhaps you’re merely a watchdog for the American people, and like watchdogs, you do occasionally bark at burglars but mostly just the dishwasher and shadows.

    Even more awesome from last night’s Daily Show was McConnelling. That’s when Stewart showed us a video of Mitch McConnell’s latest political ad that had no spoken words, just music in the background. He used the ad to put all kinds of different music to it and created a new hashtag. #McConnelling.

    There’s a site called YouDubber that allows you to paste the YouTubed McConnell video along with an audio clip of your choosing from YouTube to create anything you want.

    A few examples:

    O Fortuna:
    http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=BNWpZ-Y_KvU&audio_start=0

    The theme from Jaws:
    http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=ZvCI-gNK_y4&audio_start=0

    The theme from The Exorcist:
    http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=D1PH_Y8Xn4g&audio_start=0

    And my contribution, Loser from Beck:
    http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=nrdTX8m5G98&video_start=0&audio=YgSPaXgAdzE&audio_start=0

    Here’s the clip of the video. Now go nuts!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrdTX8m5G98

    • mrbrink

      That is hilarious. I can’t stop laughing. I tried the theme from Psycho and I nearly fell over. Good stuff.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Oh my fuck, brink, that’s BRILLIANT!!!

        • mrbrink

          My Name Is

          You made my day with this.

          • Sabyen91

            Heh, the first “Slim Shady” is perfectly timed to a close up on McConnell’s face.

            Slim Shady timing was awesome with the video! LMFAO

    • swift_4

      McConnelling is much funnier. But the segment before was better. It’s good to see Jon rip these liars apart.

  • HilaryB

    He totally destroyed Eric. That was one of the best Daily Shows I’ve seen in a while.

      I agree! I did a post about it on Friday but many expats read my blog and can’t access U.S. video so I put together a summary of the whole segment. I think what the world sees is the BS on Fox News and they don’t get to see it getting debunked by Stewart and others. No wonder the world thinks we’re all a bunch of mouth breathing idjits.

  • swift_4

    The best segment I’ve seen from Jon in a while. And, as usual, it’s mostly just playing video of the same people making the opposite argument for corporations as they do for poor people. But it’s good to see him fired up.