What Could Go Wrong?

NRASecurity

You will soon be allowed to carry guns in school parking lots in the state of Indiana. And I don’t mean college campuses, I mean every school K-12 and beyond.

Both houses of the Indiana legislature voted Thursday night to approve a bill permitting guns on school grounds. The bill now goes to the state’s conservative Gov. Mike Pence (R) for his consideration. If Pence signs the bill, it would permit parents, teachers, school visitors and students who belong to high school gun clubs to keep guns in their locked cars in school parking lots, although it does not permit them in school buildings or buses.

And what could go wrong? What are the chances of a student or parent accidentally carrying their gun into the school building or onto a school bus?

Why, through legislative action, would you want to increase the chances of someone getting shot at school by moving guns closer than ever to the building?

I think if the NRA and gun fetishists had their way, children would be allowed to pack heat inside school for protection. After all, you never know when your kid may need to stand his ground.

This entry was posted in Education, Gun Fetishists, Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    “Let’s settle this after school in the parking lot” may have a new interpretation.

    • Scopedog

      Yep.

  • Ipecac

    Why why why why why?!?

    God, these people are stupid.

    • Christopher Foxx

      No, they’re sociopaths.

      • Toolymegapoopoo

        I’m no mental health expert but can can you be a psychopath and a sociopath at the same time? I think they are both.

        • Christopher Foxx

          A mental health expert may be able to describe a distinction, but quick search shows they are largely the same. Wikipedia’s article starts off “Psychopathy (or sociopathy) is traditionally defined as a… ”

          Per my dictionary:
          so·ci·o·path noun, a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.
          psy·cho·path noun, a person suffering from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior, diminished empathy …

          Whatever label is accurately applied, the folks in favor of more guns and greater availability lack consciences and basic empathy, and don’t care (or even enjoy) if people getting hurt.

          • Jone_of_Snark

            I’ve always boiled it down to “if you think it’s [murder, mayhem, etc] ok, then you’re a sociopath.”

            “If it’s the Voices telling you to do it, then you’re a psychopath.”

      • nathkatun7

        You totally nailed it!

      • Nefercat

        I think you can be stupid and a sociopath (see Sarah Palin). A horrifying combination.

    • nathkatun7

      Some may be stupid, but most of them are totally deranged!

  • Draxiar

    Won’t it be morbidly exciting to see the logical and inevitable conclusion? This legislation is such a staggeringly bad idea…

  • Christopher Foxx

    I think if the NRA and gun fetishists had their way, children would be allowed to pack heat inside school for protection.

    There is even a question about this?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Just thinking about a kid who finally “stands his ground” against the bully who was taking his lunch money gets them all moist. What could go wrong?

      • Christopher Foxx

        What could go wrong?

        It could be a black kid standing his ground against a white one.

        • D_C_Wilson

          Well, then the black kid is a gangsta thug who needs to be stopped by a good guy with a gun.

          See? It’s easy once you understand the rules.

  • Nefercat

    Because there have never been any incidents whatsoever in and around schools of competitive, upset, angry, hurt, hormonal, stalkerish, etc., parents, students, faculty or visitors.

    And when has there ever been an incident of parents in a custody dispute acting out their frustrations at Pick Up the Children Time.

    What could possibly go wrong?

    Each and every time someone is killed or hurt in one of these venues that gun-grazed loons thinks would be a swell place to have lethal weapons handy, not only the perpetrators, but the legislative angerbloodbears that pushed or voted for the legislation, should stand trial, and be subject to the same sentence.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Each and every time someone is killed or hurt in one of these venues that gun-grazed loons thinks would be a swell place to have lethal weapons handy

      Because to gun nuts when someone does something criminal with a gun there is and always will be only one solution to prevent it from happening again. And it isn’t removing the guns.

  • zirgar

    Gee, all the potential deaths from crossfire (I mean, you don’t want to wait for someone else to shoot back first, so everyone needs to step up and just shoot for him or herself; questions will be asked later, if at all), will give these NRA goons giant boners the likes of which this earth has never seen before. They love guns and the chaos this kind of thing will create, despite their professions of loving law and order. Shameless.