What Not to Buy

Jon Stewart makes a few timely points as House Republicans introduced a bill today to prevent people from using food stamps to buy weed. (spoiler: you already can’t)

Yes, you do hear all these stories. Whether or not they’re true or indicative of widespread abuse is not really the point here because you hear them. And as a reporter on a news network it is your job to pass them along through your mouth hole.

What’s the right mixture of quality and class-based shame poor people should aim for in their meal planning?

This entry was posted in Comedy and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ned F

    Besides the fact that you can’t buy fancy diapers with Food stamps, because they are inedible, these Fox idiots are sooo dismayed that someone who is poor may even think about purchasing disposable diapers. Swaddling cloths!, that’s the answer! They were good enough for Baby Jesus, but not for our spoiled poor. I can’t believe he actually said that. I hope that if Jesus really is planning a comeback, he does it soon and puts these people straight.

    • Ned F

      And why do they need to sleep indoors, just bed down in the straw with the livestock, it was good enough for baby Jesus. What drive a car? get a donkey, it was good enough for baby Jesus. Idiots.

      • http://www.thepragmaticpundit.com/ Fay Paxton

        This made me laugh ’til I cried. You are so right…it is absolutely ridiculous!
        Thanks, I needed that laugh. :)

  • HilaryB

    I think they’re confusing food stamps with cash aid. They probably don’t even know there’s a difference. If people are choosing to waste their cash aid on weed or whatever, there’s nothing they can really do about it.

    • D_C_Wilson

      I don’t think they care. It’s all about blaming the poor for all for country’s problems while the wealthy continue to stuff their pockets with our pension and 401K money.