You’re Doing it Wrong

If you’re trying to sneak into the World Trade Center site, you probably shouldn’t attempt to do so immediately after another high profile case of trespassing and you certainly shouldn’t try to talk your way in first. You also shouldn’t try to do so in the middle of the day.

Two CNN producers, Yonatan Pomrenze and Connor Fieldman Boals, were arrested yesterday for trespassing, disorderly conduct, and obstruction of governmental administration. What’s truly remarkable is the manner in which this occurred.

From the New York Times

The CNN employees, however, were trying to enter the property around 2 p.m., as the area teemed with construction workers, tourists and police officers. [...]

The men first tried going through a gate at Vesey and Washington Streets, where they were stopped by a Port Authority Police Department officer. Mr. Pentangelo said the men explained to the officer, in effect, that “if a 16-year-old could get on the site, they should also be able to get in.”

The men then continued along Vesey Street where a police officer observed Mr. Boals twice trying to climb the fence, Mr. Pentangelo said.

The men who parachuted from the top of the tower and the 16-year-old kid that climbed to the top last week both did so in the middle of the night, with the latter sneaking in at 4 a.m.

These crack producers thought they could just waltz right in during the day because, if a kid was able to sneak in, they’re entitled to take a peek as well.

This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    Mr. Pentangelo said the men explained to the officer, in effect, that “if a 16-year-old could get on the site, they should also be able to get in.”

    And since one guy was able to rob that bank, we should be allowed to rob it, too.

    And since Sue earned an A on that exam, we should just be given A’s too.

    Seriously, that’s what they’re saying. Since someone was smart enough and made to effort to figure out a way to do something, then they should just be granted the same thing without having to make any effort. And that it’s an illegal thing is irrelevant.

    With this caliber of employee, no wonder CNN sucks.

    • Grant Beaudette

      This isn’t too far off from the occasional Republican trying to commit voter fraud in order to prove it’s a problem.

      • Christopher Foxx

        It’s just more of their typical “I will force reality to be what I want it to be, even though it isn’t and my efforts fail utterly to change it” shtick.

        They want something to be true. It simply isn’t true. So they try to make it true so they can them point to it and claim it’s been true all along. It’s a very circular conclusion-before-facts delusion.

  • muselet

    Imbeciles.

      This is CNN.

  • zirgar

    If they did try to break in at night they’d have just done something stupid like leave a piece of duct tape on one of the doors.

  • mdblanche

    Let’s face it. They really aren’t that bright at CNN.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2ySV7AfgM