Another Deranged Republican Campaign Ad [Video]

Bob Quast threatened to blow your balls off, Matt Rosendale pledged to shoot down government drones, and Beau McCoy took a swing at a President Obama bobblehead.

John Stone (R-GA) has one-upped all of them with a pledge to “stand up to Obama” with his cannon if need be.

My forefather used a cannon like this to fight the British in Savannah and win us a constitution. As the only licensed firearms dealer in America running for Congress, I’m willing to do the same if we have to.

The message is clear — vote for John Stone or we may have to listen to piccolos while Republicans cosplay as revolutionaries.

Unless my memory of middle school history is flawed, the constitution was actually adopted several years after the American Revolutionary War against the British ended.

This entry was posted in Election 2014, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Kitty Smith

    So, who’s going to be the first to announce they’re going to bomb Obamacare?

    • D_C_Wilson

      I’m hoping one of them will promise to suicide bomb it.

      • Nefercat

        Just one?

  • Sabyen91

    Don’t bring a cannon to an F-16 fight.

  • Nefercat

    Isn’t carrying the cannonball in your shirt uncomfortable?

    Also, “win us a constitution”?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Didn’t you know? We won a Constitution by firing cannons on Fort Sumter the British.

  • D_C_Wilson

    The guns keep getting bigger. First a Glock, then a rifle, now a cannon. The next teabagger candidate is going to have to take a Howitzer to Obamacare.

    • vgranucci

      Johnson contest

  • HilaryB

    It’s only a matter of time before one of these a-holes uses a cutout of the President in their ad. They’re just that stupid.

  • nathkatun7

    “Unless my memory of middle school history is flawed, the constitution was actually adopted several years after the American Revolutionary War against the British ended.”

    You have a great memory! Practically the six-years American war of Independence ended in 1781. In 1783, in the Treaty Of Paris, Britain recognized the Independence of the 13 original colonies. From 1781, when the British surrendered, until 1787, the 13 U.S. colonies were loosely governed by the Continental Congress, first organized in 1774 under the Articles of Confederation. Because of rebellions such as the Shays rebellion in New England, and the fact that colonies were on each others throats almost ready to to to war against one another, the Founding Fathers decided to establish a more powerful government that would unite all the 13 colonies and be able to maintain Law and Order by suppressing insurrections. In 1787, meeting at Philadelphia, they drafted the U.S. Constitution, which created the Government of the United States (Federal Government), based on the concept of rRepresentative democracy, with its three branches that are supposed to check and balance each other. The Constitution was ratified in 1788. The first United States government, with Gen. George Washington as the First President, took office in 1789. There is a gap of 11 years between the Declaration of Independence by the 13 loosely confederated British colonies and the drafting of the U.S. Constitution that Created the United States Government with laws that applied to all the 13 States (former British colonies), as well as future states that wished to be part of the United States! The first United States (Federal) government, with George Washington as President, did not begin until 12+ years after the Declaration Of Independence.

    From my understanding of history, the Founding Fathers wrote the U.S. Constitution and created the the U.S. (Federal) government to prevent anarchy and disunity. It’s true that two years after the first U.S. government took office the Constitution, as provided by the Article V, was amended to include the Bill
    of of Rights.
    At no time did the Founding Fathers regard the U.S. Government they created as the enemy, comparable to British colonial power. In the Constitution, they provided that if the President or Members of the Federal Courts overstepped their authority they could be impeached and removed from office. Moreover, President’s term in office, under the XXII Amendment, is limited to two terms. Members of the U.S. Senate who represent States are elected every six years. Members of the U.S House of Representatives (the Peoples Representatives) are elected every two years. The constitution also gives the majority in each to the houses of Congress the power to reprimand, censure and expel members who violate laws with impunity.

    So, WTF are these right wingers talking about when they claim that the U.S.
    government is so tyrannical that we need an armed revolt to overthrow it? Did any one prevent them from voting in 2008 and 2012 when the hated President Obama was elected and re-elected? Didn’t they, through elections, take over the House of Representatives in 2010? Did the tyrant Obama dissolve Congress because his enemies had taken it over?

    It seems to me that the real tyrants are those who lose elections and then decide they don’t like the results. Rather than abide by the wishes of the majority, as should be the case in a democracy, they decide to acquire power through the barrel of the gun. I am sorry, but I have zero sympathy for any one advocating violence against the Government of the United simply because his/her side was lost an election. Such people are not freedom fighters! They are terrorists! They are also traitors to the U.S. Constitution.

  • Dennis Collins

    So is he planning on firing that antique cannon at the British occupying Savannah? Or is there a carnival in Savannah that has one of those side show booths where you shoot out the star on a piece of paper using a cannon to win a copy of the Constitution?