Back to the Torture

Jon Stewart catches up with Dick “Dick” Cheney, Donald “Unknown Known” Rumsfeld, and George W. Bush.

Look at how fucking proud he is of having put a lot of different words in between Bush administration and torture while not in any explicit way changing the meaning of those words or refuting the charge.

That’s our man. Our sincere, earnest, almost child-like two-term president.

It would be funnier if Republicans weren’t spending so much time pretending the mid 2000s were the good ole days.

Programming note… I’m heading out to catch Captain America: The Winter Soldier. I’ll catch you later. Also: did the above videos auto-play for you? They appear to be auto-playing for some people but not others. They aren’t suppose to.

This entry was posted in Comedy, George W. Bush, Torture and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Badgerite

    I used to watch Rumsfeld being interviewed on Sunday morning talk shows and wondered why anybody bothered. He literally has perfected the art of saying nothing. I think he takes pride in that. A lot of verbiage. No thought. At least that is the way he seems to deal with those he doesn’t want to know anything. Which, I think, is pretty much all of the public and press.

    • drspittle

      The Swooning Beltway Bimbos (I’m including male bimbos) thought Rumsfeld was hawt.

      • muselet

        I believe the gender-appropriate term is “himbo,” but I could be wrong.

        The ever-appalling National Review definitely thought Donald Rumsfeld was a dreamboat. (Do a Google Images search on “National Review Donald Rumsfeld cover” if you doubt. I’d have uploaded an image, but Disqus has decided not to play nice.)

        –alopecia

        • drspittle

          Ah! I forgot! Thanks!

      • Badgerite

        They did. That’s why he still thinks he can get away with that ridiculous stuff about the DOJ somehow NOT being part of the Bush administration.
        And only “2 or 3″ torture memos. Oh, well, if there were only 2 or 3, well, then.
        And there is a defense to be made, sort of, but it would involve admitting error and saying these decisions were a mistake.

  • Pithy Eponym Here

    Would be interesting to do a split screen of those two with say, Pinochet flunkies or some other nefarious dictator’s stoolies.

  • D_C_Wilson

    I’ve noticed that the Comedy Central videos autoplay with certain browsers. For me, they autoplay with IE or Firefox, but not with Chrome.

  • Tony Lavely

    On FF latest version, did not autoplay.
    Thanks for sharing.

  • ninjaf

    I look at all three of those men and think “war criminals.”

    Donald Rumsfeld’s smarmy, smug, self-satisfied face makes me ragey.

  • ruth crocker

    and of course obtaining incriminating information through torture means you have people at guantanamo stuck in legal limbo, unable to be tried beause of the way information against them was obtained, yet unable to be freed because of the information they revealed. thanks dick and don!

  • notoriousbob

    Yes on the autoplay, the CC ones have done that for a long time. I’m using IE.