Colbert Responds to #CancelColbert

After being off the air for three days, Colbert was resurrected like Jesus.

When I saw the tweet with no context, I understood how people were offended. The same way I, as an Irish American, was offended after reading only one line of Jonathan Swift’s A Modest Proposal. I mean eat Irish babies? #CancelSwift Trend it!

Because of all the attention we raised a lot of money over the weekend; money that will now be donated to Dan Snyder’s Washington Redskins Original Americans Foundation, which Twitter seems to be fine with because I haven’t seen shit about that.

No shit.

This entry was posted in Comedy, Racism, Stephen Colbert and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Badgerite

    Stephen Colbert. There is no substitute.

    • Toolymegapoopoo

      The man is a national treasure.

  • Buffalodavid

    Just caught you on the teevee lookie box and I couldn’t agree with you more, Some of us have become as bad as our old uncle who sits and watches FNC all day. After you left the Miller show, the caller was some moron who kept confusing satire with sarcasm.

    The greatest blessing of the internet is that it gives everyone a voice. The greatest curse is that it gives everyone a voice.

    Native Americans made note of that Snyder sh*t show but they don’t predominately use Twitter. Hell, only 15% of Internet users are on Twitter but only 8% are daily users. And at least 15% of Americans don’t use the Internet at all. And I can guarantee, on the Rez where other kinds of technology are just now penetrating, the Twitterverse might as well be another Universe. Which is all the more reason so called hash tag activists should have gone nuts over Snyder’s obviously insincere effort to help Native Americans. But nope because what is in their purview is so circumscribed by their own privileged hipness.

    My BF is Native American. His reaction to the Snyder org (and just about everything else that not only the mainstream but also the hipster hash tag activists tend to ignore) is to shake his head, roll his eyes and say, “White people”. And all I can do is nod, sigh and say, “Yep”.

  • mrbrink

    And that is how you do that.

  • beulahmo

    I like it.

  • muselet

    Who would have thought a means of communication limited to a hundred and forty characters would ever create misunderstandings?

    –alopecia