Coming Soon

ComingSoon

Artist – Joel Pett

In other news, Mitch McConnell is doing some of that outreach again.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press reports that major companies, including Koch Industries, are quietly benefiting from Obamacare while they lobby against it.

The Winter Soldier was excellent.

This entry was posted in George W. Bush, Koch Brothers, Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • mrbrink

    I’m probably gonna see it Thursday during a break in a cloudy work week. It seems like the only movies that get me to the theater anymore are the Avengers flicks in 3D. Don’t spoil it though, but the good guys win, don’t they? Don’t tell me, don’t tell me. It’s just like you though to kick ass all day, break for a movie, and still make it back for ass supper.

  • Draxiar

    No spoilers here but in my opinion The Winter Soldier was one of the best (if not the best) of the singular hero Marvel movies.

  • Scopedog

    Agreed about The Winter Soldier–probably the best of the Marvel films to date. Great story, the cast was excellent all-around (Evans was born to play Cap), and the “Easter Eggs” were terrific.

    I just wish the Snowdenistas would stop waving it around as an example of “Obama and the evil NSA complex”.

    • JMAshby

      I saw hints of that but the final message was not quite so clear. Actually, I think you could make the case that the overall message was about balance. Yeah, the kill switch was going too far, but they also should have seen things coming. You have to weigh the pros and cons of any action.

      Big questions are tackled all the time in Marvel comics. I’m glad to see they aren’t shying away from making big changes or big moves in their films.