Darrell Issa’s Witch Hunt Continues, Expands

darrellissa

House Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa hasn’t been able to incriminate anyone at the Internal Revenue Service so now he’s targeting the Department of Justice for a very dubious reason.

Oversight Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and 16 other GOP lawmakers said that the Justice Department had shown interest in prosecuting tax-exempt groups that were dishonest about their political activity, in what they called just the latest sign that Democrats pressured administration officials into unfairly scrutinizing Tea Party groups.

The Department of Justice was interested in prosecuting frauds and liars? Ya don’t say? I guess we have a real scandal on our hands here.

We already know progressive groups and even the non-existent ACORN drew more red flags from the IRS than Tea Party groups.

Is Issa alleging the Holder Justice Department was interested in prosecuting ACORN? Surely not. That wouldn’t even qualify for a Drudge siren.

(ht Injury Attorneys Price Benowitz LLP)
This entry was posted in Congress, Justice and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    “The department’s use of alleged false statement on the tax-exempt application is an unfortunate instance of prosecutorial ‘gotcha,’ targeting these victims for supposed ‘lies’ about activities that they are legally allowed to do,” Issa and other Republicans on the Oversight Committee wrote to Attorney General Eric Holder.

    Translation: How dare the DOJ bother tax-exempt organizations—the ones we like, anyway—that lied to the IRS!

    The Rs aren’t even trying to pretend they care about anything but getting a scalp.

    –alopecia

  • mdblanche

    Why can’t this Sir Bedevere be more like Sir Robin and just run away?

    • muselet

      Bonus points for the Holy Grail reference.

    Issa’s committee chairmanship is like watching a reenactment of the basement meeting from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure.

    What’s wrong with this picture? It’s just me, without my bike/mind!

    I think everyone here knows what this is supposed to mean! When you’ve gone over something again, and again, and again, and again, like I have, certain questions get answered, others spring up, your mind plays tricks on you– you play tricks back! It’s like you’re unraveling a big cable knit sweater that someone keeps kitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting, and knitting…

  • Churchlady320

    Can someone point out at least once to this idiot that each and every group APPLIED for the exemption thereby voluntarily submitting to scrutiny? They APPLIED. End of story.