Obamacare Easter Egg Hunt

147324_600

Artist — R.J. Matson

In other happenings, Pope Francis today tried to talk sense to the world by denouncing the “scourge of hunger” and “immense wastefulness.” He went on to pray for peace all around the world and did so like a boss. Albeit, an extraordinarily humble boss, but nevertheless.

And, in that spirit, New York Times columnist David Brooks thinks the president’s foreign policy has a “manhood problem.”

On Meet The Press today, Brooks, said,

Basically since Yalta we’ve had an assumption that borders are basically going to be borders and once that comes into question if in Ukraine or in Crimea or anywhere else, then all over the world all bets are off. And let’s face it, Obama, whether deservedly or not, does have a — I’ll say it crudely — but a manhood problem in the Middle East. Is he tough enough to stand up to somebody like Assad or somebody like Putin? I think a lot of the rap is unfair but certainly in the Middle East there is an assumption that he’s not tough enough.

Borders are gonna be borders, except when they’ve been redrawn countless times throughout history. Sounds like someone has an unhealthy tough guy fetish.

What else is going on?

This entry was posted in Cartoons, Open Thread and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Hey Brooks. Go and ask Osama bin Laden if he thinks Obama has a manhood problem. Oh wait, he can’t. Because Obama green lighted his takedown and had his body dumped in the middle of the sea, you fucking asshole!

  • JWheels

    Don’t forget the racial undertones, I’m sorry overtones Implied by saying he isn’t a man. So is he a boy then? The black president is a little boy, nothing racist about that image. I also love how Brooks expertly deploys the “people are saying …” strategy of saying something despicable while simultaneously appearing not to be the one actually saying it. “I don’t know, people say Hitler had great ideas, not me of course but I’ll just repeat it to you ad nauseam.” God help us if these people (Neocons, warmongers, idiots etc.) ever get power again, I don’t even believe in God so it’s taking a lot for me to say that.

  • Nefercat

    I’m sorry, the whole flabby-assed white old farts whining about the African-American President having a manhood problem just has a stratospheric ick factor {bustles off to get extra-strength monitor cleansing wipes}.

    {shudder}

    Oh, and Brooksie? No, no he doesn’t have a manhood problem. But you do. As do all the chickenhawk neocons. Note well, choosing to slaughter your own country men and women as well as God knows how many hundreds of thousands of non-combatants doesn’t make you a man, even if you are on a horsey and shirtless and firing round after round of NRA approved ammo.

    How about you shove your stupid head into a brick wall, repeatedly?

  • Churchlady320

    Brooks – I thought better of you than that. You just lost all credibility with this stupid comment. This president is the most measured and thoughtful statesman we’ve ever had, and he’s MORE than a match for Putin and Assad both of whom he has tamed without lifting a finger to fire a shot. It’s YOU who has a ‘manhood’ problem since you’re obviously smitten with the bullyboy image of Americanism. I never thought you’d succumb to dumb, but you sure lost any attention I ever thought to pay you.

    • Jado

      THIS is what made him lose credibility with you? Wow.

      Honestly, everything he has written since he advocated for the unilateral unnecessary invasion of Iraq killed what little credibility he ever had, but THIS was what drove it home for you? Wow, again