Outreach

Senate Republicans, led by Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), have successfully filibustered a debate on the Paycheck Fairness Act.

The motion to proceed to the Paycheck Fairness Act received 53 votes for, and 44 against, falling short of the 60 needed to defeat a filibuster.

“This legislation would double down on job loss all while lining the pockets of trial lawyers,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). “In other words, it’s just another Democratic idea that threatens to hurt the very people that it claims to help. … We’ve already seen what five and a half years of Washington Democratic control has meant. More poverty and lower wages for women.”

Mitch McConnell swears he’ll never hurt you again, baby, just open the door.

It’s really quite remarkable that Republicans believe they can dodge charges that they’re waging a War on Women by blocking bills as simple as paying women as much as men for doing the same jobs.

Because they’re the ones who are really looking out for women, right? They’re protecting you from yourselves. You may not know what to do or how to act if we pay you as much as men.

Or rather; Republican men may not know what to do with themselves if women are paid as much as they are.

Equal pay is a slippery slope toward tyranny. Why do you hate Freedumb?

War on Women Fiction

“Now if the Democrats said we had a war on caterpillars then every mainstream media outlet talked about the fact that Republicans have a war on caterpillars, so then we’d have a problem with caterpillars. I mean, the fact of the matter is it’s a fiction.” -RNC Chairman Reince Priebus on the War on Women

This entry was posted in Congress, War On Women and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    “This legislation would [verb] [noun] all while [participle] the [noun] of [noun],” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY). “In other words, it’s just another Democratic idea that [verb] the [noun]. … We’ve already seen what five and a half years of Washington Democratic control has meant. More [noun] and [adjective] [noun] for [noun].”

    Republican Mad Libs. Fill in the blanks from the grab bag. Pull the string and do it again.

    • http://www.livingenergy.abmp.com/ KanaW

      Plus, Benghazi!
      :)

  • Draxiar

    Reading something like this makes me want to inflict a great deal of pain on the GOTP in office.

  • gescove

    I find it hard to believe there will not be electoral consequences. Do they think they can just put lipstick on this vote come election day?

    • D_C_Wilson

      It will. Unfortunately, a lot of them will probably make gains in the primary race against whatever nutbag on the right is challenging them as a result of this. McChinless is more worried about getting past his teabagger primary opponent than he is about winning in November.

    • DetroitSam

      There will be no electoral consequences because many woman in this country are too stupid to not vote for the tea-thughs.