Private Property

SagebrushRebellion

Artist – Tim Eagan

In other news, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida is preparing to make it illegal for homeless people to have possessions because of “aesthetics.” In other words, they want to take their homeless problem and sweep it under the rug. Maybe homeless people should just die. Would that please local officials?

Meanwhile, a local candidate in North Carolina endorsed by Rand Paul is hitting the conspiracy theorist pander button.

And speaking of Ron and Rand, Ron is now writing for InfoWars and warning us about the next Waco.

PaulWars

The comparisons to Waco aren’t very flattering for the Bundy family. Are we to infer that the Bundy ranch in Nevada is home to a militia of religious lunatics headed by a pedophile? Is someone going to bomb Oklahoma City because the Bureau of Land Management confiscated a few cows? Maybe we shouldn’t snark because in today’s unhinged climate that’s plausible.

This entry was posted in Open Thread, Rand Paul, Ron Paul and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Mike Lumisch

    Speaking of Not Very Flattering, that shrieking harpy Digby – who blogs over at David Atkins’s joint – has come out explicitly against the Rule of Law and in favor of doing what ever she and her gang thinks would be cool in order to crush the NSA once and for all. That kind of irresponsibility leaves me relieved that she controls nothing of greater significance than her crazy cat lady gig and that the important decisions will be made by wiser heads.

    To blockquote A Man for All Seasons:

    William Roper:
    So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

    Sir Thomas More:
    Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

    William Roper:
    Yes, I’d cut down every law in England to do that!

    Sir Thomas More:
    Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned ’round on you,
    where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is
    planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man’s laws, not God’s! And
    if you cut them down, and you’re just the man to do it, do you really
    think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes,
    I’d give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety’s sake!

    • Christopher Foxx

      One of my favorite scenes. Thanks.

  • Christopher Foxx

    The commission is also considering other initiatives targeting the homeless, including stiffer penalties for urinating or defecating in public, prohibitions on panhandling at intersections or sleeping in public, and restrictions on charity groups that hand out food to the homeless.

    It’s that last one that’s telling. An argument could be made that all of the others, urinating in public, panhandling at intersections, etc., involve public health or safety issues. But preventing food from being passed out to those in need is simply targeting folks in need for being needy.

    As if it wasn’t all already given away by “One of the driving factors behind the measure, according to the legislation, is the city’s “interest in aesthetics.” “. In other words, “Seeing that there are homeless people makes me feel uncomfortable and I shouldn’t have to be uncomfortable, so make them go away.”

  • Ashes Defacto

    Now that Cliven Bundy has gotten the BLM to temporarily back off we can be sure that the next time he’ll enjoy the different government agency he’ll be talking to. I’ll bet he finds the FBI HRT very willing to have that discussion.