Ryan’s Ark

RyanArk

Artist – Bob Englehart

Brad Pitt’s production company, which produced 12 Years a Slave, has reportedly chosen the infamous Stuebenville rape case as its next project.

It’s a terrible story but one that needs to be told. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with it. It could be a very important film.

The case led to a series of major embarrassments for media figures. It also led to the indictment of school officials and an informal indictment of small town sports-worship culture in general.

There’s a story to be told here that everyone should hear. A cautionary tale for some and an education for others.

Some believe Plan B has chosen the wrong aspect of the story to focus on, but I think it’s a little early to make that assumption. The project was only just announced and it may encompass more than has already been conveyed.

This entry was posted in Movies, Open Thread and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Toolymegapoopoo

    What’s really going to be interesting to watch will be right-wingers calling for a ban on Pitt’s movie because it doesn’t put the conservative rape culture in a positive light. Doesn’t Brad know that there were football games at stake here? Show some lack of perspective, for fuck sake.